Boxster Glass Conversion

Car Hood Warehouse

• 2 months later...

Can you confirm that the £650 price is still current? If yes, I shall be in to see you in June when I'm next in UK.

• 2 months later...

Hi Car Hood people...

Are you related to the company called Car Hoods in Lymm Cheshire?

I live in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and need to work out the closest place to go to for my glass conversion?

Thnx

Hi again.

Yes, am aware the sponsors are in Surrey but that is quite some way from me. I don't particularly mind going all that way (and spending the night there!?) but isn't there any body 'up north' who can do this sort of thing (obvious business opening I suspect...???).

I just wanted to know if anyone had used carhoodsnorthern and if they recommended them?

Anyone ???

The 'fitter' in question appears to be a bonafide upholsterer that do not appear to do a lot of soft-top roofs let alone conversions! Alright, to be fair I have not contacted them yet (only looked up via the internet of their site, etc) but it seems that nobody has heard of these guys in Cheshire ?

Defo need to start ringing people it seems!

Thnx everyone anyway !!!

To be fair I would take a professional recommendation from the main maker/supplier over any impressions of a website! Most one man bands have shyate websites!

Okay everyone. Point taken !

I will check them out (physically!) and let them know that you (Car Hoods) have recommended them!

I will feedback on this site when all is said and done.

Thnx all for the replies!

J

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just after a bit of info regarding this really - my hood is, for want of a better expression, shagged.

I'm after converting from plastic to glass, but I want to effectively bin off as much of the rest of the the exterior hood as I can. Does anyone know how much of the old hood is used in this process? i.e. is it literally a case of chopping out the plastic window and bonding in a new glass one, or is it more intensive than that?

Thanks!

I had mine done on the GB last month.

The only bits that remain are the metal frame and, if you have one, inner headlining.

New hood also seems quieter inside when driving with roof up.

Feel free to pop up to the Blackbushe meet and check mine out with your own eyes if you wish.

but oddly, noisier rain drops...massively better overall, but on the old roof i didn't hear the rain drops, now when it rains hard it sounds like i'm in a tent

all round greatness though this glass window malarky!

Archived