Roof issue

lordlee

Hi

Before purchasing my car it was subject to a slit in the roof from a vandal. Anyway I noticed that the long standing glue repair has failed today so I have put some silicone in to keep it watertight. Can a slit be sewn shut and be watertight or is it time for a new roof? I'd kinda prefer a second hand as it keeps it original - so what is my best option - repair or replace?

Hi

Before purchasing my car it was subject to a slit in the roof from a vandal. Anyway I noticed that the long standing glue repair has failed today so I have put some silicone in to keep it watertight. Can a slit be sewn shut and be watertight or is it time for a new roof? I'd kinda prefer a second hand as it keeps it original - so what is my best option - repair or replace?

------------------------------------------------------------

I can understand the sentiment but if you look at some soft top classics they frequently have new hoods and it doesn't affect their "honesty" or desireability. I'd get a good quality, leak free, new replacement matching the original.

Thank you for the advice but i went a little against it and I bought a 2nd hand genuine hood in excellent condition as I couldn't turn down the price. How much do you charge for a mobile fitment in the Reading area? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer...

Archived