Bummer !!!

Steviep35

Hi Nick.

That’s not the comparison video I have seen, however it makes the same point as mine, and that looked more like Ice more than Snow in that video.

LMAO towards the end of the clip when the 4X4 follows the other car down and doesn’t stop just keeps going on passed lol.

Guvs.

Guy's,

maybe a silly question to some but this been my first Boxster looking at the wheels themselves and by valve i have 7 and 55 on front and 8.5 55 on rear so for those that know, does this mean i have 7 inch rims on front and 8.5 on rear ? as by the link Nickfrog gave ( thank you ) i can work out how narrow i can go ? Also on my car the fronts 205/50/17 rear are 255/40/17 do i need to keep the 10 difference when changing ?

No 40 means 40% of the tyre width. The only important thing is to maintain the overall diameter of the wheel with tyres to around 3% comparing summer vs winter diameters. There are some online calculators. 7 and 8.5 are the rim width in inches. If you have 8.5 inch rear rims you should be able to go down to 225 (better) so to match the diameter you should look for 225 x 45 (%) rear tyres.

No worries.

Why don't you run the sizes through the calculator to make sure all OK ? http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator

You should be very close indeed, well within tolerance.

Check you current load rating too, it's a double digit with a letter after it, like 96Y. You can go up but not down, shouldn't be an issue.

It might be spring by the time you're all set !!!

Good price on Bridgestone here too. http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/search/225-45-r17/Winter

Ordered !

Michelin Alpin A4 front & rear £638. Also get two claim forms for £40 each to claim back £80 :thumbsup_still:

Booked in for fitting on Saturday.

Thanks to all who have advised and big :thumbsup_anim: to NickFrog for that extra mile with links and advise.

Stevie

Ordered !

Michelin Alpin A4 front & rear £638. Also get two claim forms for £40 each to claim back £80 :thumbsup_still:

Booked in for fitting on Saturday.

Thanks to all who have advised and big :thumbsup_anim: to NickFrog for that extra mile with links and advise.

Stevie

I tried the double claim in July and failed... They only took one as it was the same car/address. Still worth a try!!

Archived