A-Plan do it again...and again!

Boxob

Two of my cars have renewal dates this month. I insured them both through A-Plan last year as their quotes were unbeatable. This year they have sorted out my renewals and in each case have significantly bettered last years premiums and cover. If they keep this up a few more years the insurance companies will be paying me for my business!

Well done A - Plan! Nice people to do business with too.

I think I have a fair quote from them too for renewal later this month, although that doesnt include trackday cover. I spent a couple of hundred on that this year so I might go back to the Bridle broker who did cover trackdays....still making my mind up.

I had the opposite experience. Renewal with A-plan was over £100 dearer (25%) than a lot of other quotes I'd received. It seems to me that they're just like any other insurance company and broker in that they're only interested in new business and not keeping their customers.

Have to say that my experience with A Plan has been positive. Insured a well tweaked 986 and a very heavily modified 911SC (different engine - 50% more power - seriously updated brakes and suspension albeit Porsche parts) with some less than compromising requirements on my part and they pulled it off. Proper insurance, like for like on the 911 mods and high indicative mileage levels. Am happy with premiums especially as others just weren't interested.

I had the opposite experience. Renewal with A-plan was over £100 dearer (25%) than a lot of other quotes I'd received. It seems to me that they're just like any other insurance company and broker in that they're only interested in new business and not keeping their customers.

Did you challenge them to do better? Boxster down 27% on last year (same company) and a change of insurance company for the Espace saved 15% on the renewal premium. In both cases legal cover was added for free. However I do have three cars and a house insured through them!

Plus 1, and it was in November, so very current

Did you challenge them to do better? Boxster down 27% on last year (same company) and a change of insurance company for the Espace saved 15% on the renewal premium. In both cases legal cover was added for free. However I do have three cars and a house insured through them!

Yes mate, I gave full details of other insurers and their prices but simply got...."we can't get anywhere near those prices". My renewal had simply been handed over to one of the sales team (it wasn't Steven this time) and I had to phone them to get the new price. I got the impression that the young chap that dealt with my renewal didn't see enough commission for himself so couldn't be bothered to get me a better price.

+1

I have three cars including the box, sadly they can't remotely compete with the quotes I get off the net.

Yes mate, I gave full details of other insurers and their prices but simply got...."we can't get anywhere near those prices". My renewal had simply been handed over to one of the sales team (it wasn't Steven this time) and I had to phone them to get the new price. I got the impression that the young chap that dealt with my renewal didn't see enough commission for himself so couldn't be bothered to get me a better price.

+1

I have three cars including the box, sadly they can't remotely compete with the quotes I get off the net.

Snap, I had all three cars with them and I can only liken it to playing poker in that even though I had told them the better quote, it was not until I said I was going elsewhere that they could match to price, too late id done the deal, pretty poor poker players then.

I don't blame them, all brokers and insurers are exactly the same. when it comes to premiums, it only when you need to claim that the quality ones float to the top.

I don't blame them, all brokers and insurers are exactly the same. when it comes to premiums, it only when you need to claim that the quality ones float to the top.

Totally agree with you! Oh well, at least we got one good year out of them before having to go back to the routine of shopping around again.

Archived