Speed awareness pushes up premium.

TM88

• 4 years later...

Thanks for the heads up on this as have done a a few SAC’s and proud of my clean licence.

Guess this is going to go the same way as the other stuff where they store the data online.

I was involved in an accident in 2014 I think where another vehicle drove around the outside and across the front me when leaving a rounderbout. Since I was driving a van I didn’t see them coming so was quite miffed to dent my lucky history. Insurance company went 50/50 so I claimed for the damage as well. Turned out the insurance accessor worked out they jumped a red light. Otherwise they wouldn’t have been there. So ticked the no fault accident box or similar on confused or meerkat.

1st choice (I think) insurance company waited 2 weeks before telling me that it was recorded in the database that they all share that is was my fault. So they charged me an adjustment fee and additional premium which worked out about 30% extra. For cancellation they would have charged 2/3 of the original policy premium.

They are a bunch of crooks !

On 8/13/2014 at 6:03 PM, TM88 said:

I'm a bit miffed, got an email from Admiral highlighted 'changes to your policy'. Strange I have't made any recent changes, give them a bell only to discover that I didn't inform them of a speed awareness course i attended in May 2012!? Now they want an extra £90! I took this policy out over the phone and was asked if I had any motoring convictions, which as far as I'm aware a SAC isn't.

Anyway long story short guy on the phone says I should have been asked if I had attended one, which I'm 99.9% I wasn't :sad01_anim: so he's now searching for the recording of the call to listen what was asked.

Just ranting really but just a heads up for anyone with Admiral. :thumbsdown_anim:

My experience of Admiral following a no-fault accident when my first 986 was written off was nothing short of criminal. Their efforts to minimise the pay-out to me while maximising their own income (and that of their partners in crime) from the third party's insurer, was nothing short of disgraceful - and don't get me started on their efforts to get me to claim for injuries that didn't exist...

The fact is that you do not have to declare the fact that you have been on a SAC unless thay ask the specific question, in which case I'd suggest binning the application and finding another insurer.

Don't lose sight of the fact that it's not even called a Speed Awareness Course anymore, it's now Driver Awareness. You could invited to attend for any traffic offence and what the offence was is not declared on the course.

• 3 weeks later...

What was the outcome with Admiral? I have a multi car policy with them, due for renewal in March, attending an awareness course in a couple of weeks time...think I may start looking elsewhere if this is how Admiral are going to operate!

On 12/19/2018 at 6:52 AM, MIkeyv60 said:

Some companies ask and some it affects premiums etc . You should always declare everything.

It depends what the question is. If they ask you if you have any motoring convictions you ae under no obligation to tell them about a SAC. If they do ask the question you must answer truthfully. I have never been asked the question by any company I have gone to for a quote. None of the comparison sites I have used asked it either.

On 8/13/2014 at 6:03 PM, TM88 said:

I'm a bit miffed, got an email from Admiral highlighted 'changes to your policy'. Strange I have't made any recent changes, give them a bell only to discover that I didn't inform them of a speed awareness course i attended in May 2012!? Now they want an extra £90! I took this policy out over the phone and was asked if I had any motoring convictions, which as far as I'm aware a SAC isn't.

Anyway long story short guy on the phone says I should have been asked if I had attended one, which I'm 99.9% I wasn't :sad01_anim: so he's now searching for the recording of the call to listen what was asked.

Just ranting really but just a heads up for anyone with Admiral. :thumbsdown_anim:

How did they find out about It? 

I've just been snapped in a 70mph doing 81mph....waiting to hear if I qualify for a SAC or not.

The worst part of the story....i think I've just been snapped in a 30 doing 38! Could be another ticket in the post! 

On 1/4/2019 at 10:20 PM, pjk1978 said:

I've just been snapped in a 70mph doing 81mph....waiting to hear if I qualify for a SAC or not.

The worst part of the story....i think I've just been snapped in a 30 doing 38! Could be another ticket in the post! 

Hi, I was snapped doing 87 on the A419, 70 limit, I was offered SAC so you may be ok

On 1/4/2019 at 10:20 PM, pjk1978 said:

Its not just speed also depends on the force . Some offer some just send the ticket

Archived