Fitting a GTS rear diffuser to a 981

topradio

@T24RES It helped me with access to the centre area. I had loosened all that off a few weeks ago as I found that on the 987 they were well stuck together and it took me ages to release and I don't want the same to happen on the 981.

I would start with removing both diffusers at each wheel and working in to the exhaust. The second side was easier with the centre plastic support loose

29 minutes ago, Simon said:

Surprised none of you guys had to have the PDC reset by the dealer.  Mercedes is a PITA, as soon as you disconnect the sensors or loom it throws an error and needs a reset.

great job though, looks good.

S

In my limited experience Merc electronics are a PITA and will throw a fault code at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 2:01 PM, T24RES said:

Much improved, imo these tidy the rear end very nicely. And only a smidge more than a set of grilles ?

Thanks to you and @topradio for the help on my project. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Its a great low budget OP mod. Two methods for fitting now documented. Give me a PM if you get to carry it out on the car although I have listed all the learning I discovered. Figuring out the clips (pics posted on the thread) and having some trim tools are key getting the job done. ;) 

• Like 2

On 06/03/2017 at 8:07 PM, daz05 said:

Where is the best place to buy these in the U.K., any opcs offer a discount on parts?

What is the rough cost to supply?

I checked with my local opc (Wolverhampton) today, they confirmed the list price as posted but you can get a 10% discount f you are a PCGB member ?

On 5 January 2016 at 5:33 PM, topradio said:

Hi Tony. Yes I have kept the old parts in the unlikely event of trading the car to an OPC, I could imagine them being funny about the non-standard appearance and want to offer less based on that.

Ed, I didn't bother changing mine back. OPC didn't even notice. They only commented on how much of a good idea the Zunsports were, but no comment on the GTS diffuser 

• 5 weeks later...
On 08/03/2017 at 0:50 AM, Toeside said:

Its a great low budget OP mod. Two methods for fitting now documented. Give me a PM if you get to carry it out on the car although I have listed all the learning I discovered. Figuring out the clips (pics posted on the thread) and having some trim tools are key getting the job done. ;) 

Getting it next week, I'm going to attempt doing the job with the bumper on looks like releasing from the centre section will be the difficult bit. I'll drop you a pm for some tips.

Yes if you look at the up close shots I have tried to indicate how the clips interact.

Have you got some trim tools flat pry types available? Use tape to protect paint surfaces ;) 

• 11 months later...