Fitting a GTS rear diffuser to a 981

topradio

Yes the existing surround does fit. I only purchased the two diffusers and used the original surround. I had my diffs painted gloss black and wish I would have done the surround as well but it still looks good as is. I also changed my front bumper set up to the GTS as I think it looks so much better. 

• Like 1

I can confirm. The clip arrangement is a right royal PITA around the exhaust.

I did post some pics but they were lost when the photo sharing app stopped allowing free stuff :( I think I might still have them some where. Another tip especially at this time of year is to keep all the plastic warm. It helps prevent snapping clips and gives you a little more margin to flex stuff without damage.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Might help things move but not necessary. Main thing is keep things warm and if your getting frustrated on the first side go and have coffee and cool off and then go back and have another try. It is a straight forward job once you figure out the clips.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roch1969 said:

Yes the existing surround does fit. I only purchased the two diffusers and used the original surround. I had my diffs painted gloss black and wish I would have done the surround as well but it still looks good as is. I also changed my front bumper set up to the GTS as I think it looks so much better. 

@Roch1969 Any pics of the GTS front end and a "How too"?

I’ll take some tomorrow as it’s dark outside now. I’m afraid I’ve no idea how to do the front end as I gave it to a body shop. I bought a bare used bumper and then bought all the trims, DRL’s, DRL frames etc from the OPC. Be aware though that all of those extra pieces cost me around £800 (the bumper was cheap at £325). With colour coding/fitting it cost around £2k but I should get back around £400 on my old bumper. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roch1969 said:

I’ll take some tomorrow as it’s dark outside now. I’m afraid I’ve no idea how to do the front end as I gave it to a body shop. I bought a bare used bumper and then bought all the trims, DRL’s, DRL frames etc from the OPC. Be aware though that all of those extra pieces cost me around £800 (the bumper was cheap at £325). With colour coding/fitting it cost around £2k but I should get back around £400 on my old bumper. 

Thanks a bit of investment ..... but I bet it looks good!

13 hours ago, Toeside said:

Thanks a bit of investment ..... but I bet it looks good!

Just to clarify, I dug out the spreadsheet and £1,822 was the total overall cost so net will be around £1,400 once I’ve sold my full bumper inc DRL’s etc. Bit manic today so will get some pics over the holidays and post up soon. 

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, michelin said:

Does anybody have the part numbers for the 2 diffusers with parking sensors please?

May order the bits and do this retro fit over winter albeit with a hair dryer to keep the plastic warm 🙂

This is the number I had via Tiele for the set of two in black with parking sensor holes 98150502132.

5 hours ago, Ringer250 said:

This is the number I had via Tiele for the set of two in black with parking sensor holes 98150502132.

you and me both its definately a job i want to do before spring is here,  can you do it first and let me know how you get on lol.   

1 hour ago, robporsche said:

you and me both its definately a job i want to do before spring is here,  can you do it first and let me know how you get on lol.   

Rob,

Done it back in 2015. there is a very useful how to you have probably seen posted by topradio and a detailed write up from Schell autosports done on a cayman but same set up on Boxster.

http://blog.schnellautosports.com/2015/03/project-981-cayman-s-installing-981-gts.html

Steve.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ringer250 said:

Rob,

Done it back in 2015. there is a very useful how to you have probably seen posted by topradio and a detailed write up from Schell autosports done on a cayman but same set up on Boxster.

http://blog.schnellautosports.com/2015/03/project-981-cayman-s-installing-981-gts.html

Steve.

ok great thanks for that.   i'll have a look might be the one ive already read, i have already watched some youtube videos and read some how tos.

• 3 months later...

Cheers lads 

I’ll pass on 98150502132 to my dealer and I’ll try and find it on Porsche accessories page to link for them to make 100% sure , they have me this number and it’s €460 + vat sure deffo not the right part lol 981505021d9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/9/2021 at 11:34 PM, michelin said:

Thread re-vival 😝

Finally going to order the 2 diffusers and give this a go.

Would you say bumper off is the easier method?

👍

Yes I did it without removing the bumper and it was very painful and difficult