Fitting a GTS rear diffuser to a 981

topradio

I did it yesterday and those clips around the exhaust.....What the! 😤

I'm going to take that piece around the exhaust off today and give those tips a good polish and then seal with Gtechniq C4. That will keep them cleaner for longer.

Re the parts, my dealer is saying that the rear diffuser comes complete with the exhaust surround, L+R diffusers AND the elongated plastic chassis that the diffusers secure to....🤔

I'm also going to take the fins out of the bottom front bumper and give the areas a good clean and also seal with Gtehcniq C4. I've never taken these off before so it should be interesting. I hope its not as bad as those clips around the exhaust yesterday 🙄

Ok so I decided to go for the GTS diffusers. I’ve applied a coating of Gtechniq C4 to them so now is the time to put it all back together. 
Given the bumper is off it should be easy. 👍🏼👍🏼
Ps Thanks for the tips and hints chaps. It’s very much appreciated. 👌🏼👍🏼

• 1 month later...

I did the GTS diffuser swap today, with the bumper in situ.

51207030753_20b0538f15_b.jpg

It was a fiddly job but not to difficult, I did raise the back end of the car slightly to help access. I also found a head torch useful to spot the clips👍

51207767439_532a8efab2_b.jpg

I would recommend ordering the exhaust surround as well as I didn’t and mine looked a bit tired against the fresh side pieces. I did give it a go with some trim restorer, hopefully that will work 😎