Title change. 3 moany was attracting the spammers.

I have my 986 insured with A Plan as a second car and it costs me £160 per year.

A couple of months ago our house insurance came up for renewal and, as it had gone up quite a bit, I decided to get an alternative quote. Anyway I rang A Plan and the price was very good and they were quite helpful so I renewed with them.

I forgot all about it until this week when 2 x £25 M&S vouchers fell through the post. It seems that as a new customer (for house insurance) I get a voucher and for recommending myself I get another one.

A very nice surprise even though I don't know what M&S is but Mrs Radio does :D 

It must be a geographical difference affecting the cost of insurance. My quote from A Plan today was almost one hundred pounds more than you paid A Plan. Mine is a second car; 66 year old with full no claims, locked in garage, maximum 5000 miles per year, no accidents, no convictions etc, etc.

My renewal with Churchill is £179 so I’m staying with them.

Regards, Pops.

What it is to be slightly older than myself! My boomin' insurance quote for the upcoming year was circa £700, with 4,000 limited miles, locked home garage parking and a clean licence and no accident/claim history. Based in a small countryside village in Somerset (between the m5 and Glastonbury) I may be referred to as a youth or whipper-snapper at the grand age of 27.

I'm 31 next week and mine has come through at ~£230 FC with 9 years protected no claims and none of the add-ons.  

9k a year SDP&C parked on the drive.

I didn't ring round because I didn't see it getting any cheaper than that.

On the home insurance front, mine dropped quite a bit when I went from a contents-only rented house policy to a mortgaged full bricks & mortar policy.   That's insurance for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2016 at 7:20 AM, cj225 said:

I'm 31 next week and mine has come through at ~£230 FC with 9 years protected no claims and none of the add-ons.  

9k a year SDP&C parked on the drive.

I didn't ring round because I didn't see it getting any cheaper than that.

On the home insurance front, mine dropped quite a bit when I went from a contents-only rented house policy to a mortgaged full bricks & mortar policy.   That's insurance for you.

Who did you get the porker Insurance with? That's a cheap policy! 

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, topradio said:

@Araf What is it about this thread that attracts to*sers (I know I started it🤣)

It's that free money tag.  We're all blaming you. ;) 

• Araf changed the title to Title change. 3 moany was attracting the spammers.

Archived