Aux Plug for ipod

bluenote909

Hi all,

I have a Gen 2 2009 2.9 Boxster. 

On the radio console there is an aux button ( it's a basic radio set up with no sat nav etc) I was hopeful that I could connect my ipod to it and lifted the centre console tray. sadly nothing there....

Is it a big or simple job to connect your ipod if you haven't got the aux input socket as standard. I am guessing it's a non starter but grateful for a view please?

Thank you

Paul

I don't know what radio the 2009 Boxster has, but it's probable that you can buy/make a cable to go into the back of it, with a socket to plug your ipod in.

For my 2001 car, I bought some cable, a plug for the back of the radio and an aux socket and made one myself for a few pounds.

2 minutes ago, bandit_287 said:

I wouldn't bother, the sound through the AUX port is of very low quality. 

Mines fine!!! Just as good as listening to the radio or CD player!!! :)

• 1 year later...

Thread resurrection!

if you have PCM 3.0 fitted without the aux ports, can you DIY retrofit a usb or does it need the dealer? Is there a connector on the back you can just plug into or does it need software updates etc?

Glad you brought this up Matt. Our cars are similarly specced,but neither has the universal audio interface installed.

My dealer said it's a £300 job to provide the kit, fit the cable and code it?

The car goes in to be prepped tommorow, and thinking about coughing up to have it done before pick up day

4 hours ago, Patt said:

seriously it depends what head unit you have.  Here is a lead that gives UB and 3.5mm jack for a fiver:

eBay item number:

Lol - not seen one of those for a while :)  I have PCM3.0 but don't have the aux ports in the console, just the 12V supply

Archived