mrbikerdood

Having now set my sights on a 981, why is it they are so far away from Northampton :( with a budget of up to 31k -found a white 3.4s low mileage for £34k but it in damn Cornwall! Prices are holding well as the most dealers will knock off is around £500, a CAT C one in a London dealership is 28k with 11000 miles and they won't budge at all! It's a hard slog trying to find some thing at the min :( ill end up getting a 2.7 as these are all in my price range. .. but it's got to be white or black or red or yellow :)

Si

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Si. I travelled to Cornwall from Cheshire - and that was to pay a mere fraction of your 981S budget for my 986S.

Three trains, an overnight stay and hours in the car...

Totally worth it for the right motor!! Just imagine the return-leg! B)

Cheers, Baggers.

Would this one be worth stretching for?

Cheers, Baggers.

2 minutes ago, bagss2 said:

Would this one be worth stretching for?

Cheers, Baggers.

Lol... I wish that's a bit too much..got a min of 15k for a deposit and finance agreed for the rest over 5yrs

I'm kind of looking too but as I store the car over winter, I wont be seriously looking until March /April time - unless I find a very well specced bargain beforehand.

I sent this guy a message yesterday asking for more details & photos, will let you know when he gets back to me.

3 hours ago, RickLS7 said:

This is a reasonable spec and £32k, a distinct lack of effort on the photos and description makes me wary though:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/boxster-981-12-current/porsche-boxster-981-24v-s-pdk-2012/6219999

porsche-boxster-981-12-current-24v-s-pdk

I saw this earlier the price difference suggests it's a scam imo

6 minutes ago, toocan said:

I saw this earlier the price difference suggests it's a scam imo

I tend to agree, some sort of deposit scam where you transfer £500 to reserve the car in advance of seeing it to secure the good price and then never see your money again. Only one pic not showing the reg <_<

good of luck with the search Si :)

If I'm honest. ...I'd much rather go through a dealer where u get warranty especially with car that's going to cost me 30k or more and to have that back up but hopefully not need it :)

That's just as well, the chap with the above car got back to me.  A nice guy called Peter and was very apologetic at not getting back sooner but he sold it last night.  

As cheap as it was, he still got more than what the local dealers offered.

You can still buy a warranty yourself on a private sale (which may be superior than what some dealers offer after they have your cash).  Extended Porsche warranty for example will give you local repairs and also a wider search area.  The bit that worries me though is handing the cash over and then being scammed.

Anyway, am interested to see how you are getting on with your search as I'm getting one in a few months too.

Yeh seen that one ... £25k and not bad but quite basic pack... I may bite the bullet and go for the 3.4s in Cornwall

2 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

981 cheap in Cornwall? Where? Save me a journey in a few weeks time :lol:

It's £34k 3.4s ...which I think IS the cheapest in the UK?

Ahhaaa, that one......just up the road from me, big place Castle......seems to have a good rep around here, but we didn't like the excessive use of "shiney" spray prep used on the interiors, soon buff off no doubt........looks like a nice car.

5 hours ago, toocan said:

Hehe this a ref to me. True but zero options on it

Actually, it does have a few, ok only 6k of options but those I actually like :) 

It's got dual zone a/c, multi function steering wheel, front and rear parking sensors with the screen display, heated seats, coloured roll bars. Can't tell much more from the photos, but may well have some of the extras associated with the radio system.

No cruise control though, which I always find useful.

1 hour ago, mdunderwood said:

It's got dual zone a/c, multi function steering wheel, front and rear parking sensors with the screen display, heated seats, coloured roll bars. Can't tell much more from the photos, but may well have some of the extras associated with the radio system.

No cruise control though, which I always find useful.

i think its a diff car the one he likes is white. Sound system upgrade is most important imo the default setup is woeful

10 minutes ago, toocan said:

i think its a diff car the one he likes is white. Sound system upgrade is most important imo the default setup is woeful

Yeh it's white, manual, switchable sports exhaust etc

Archived