What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Adjusted handbrake cables at the console end ready for MOT. Just need to sort the PAS pressure pipe now.

I think I will take it off (having now found out how to) and take it to a hydraulic hose outfit and ask them to do a permanent join where its previously been bodged.

Replacements seem very expensive.

Washed and hoovered it yesterday, taxed it today for the first time in 3 months as it’s been SORNED and I’ve been furloughed. 
took it out for a drive hood down,in the sun... I’m in love all over again!😍

6 hours ago, ½cwt said:

I now have a 100,000 miles 3.2 Boxster! Took a bit of planning.

pgJe2UC.jpg 

@Davey P, that's how you do it! 😉

Well done just need to to double it and add another 10k to be close to my 210k, good start though. 

3 hours ago, the baron said:

Well done just need to to double it and add another 10k to be close to my 210k, good start though. 

Hey, baby steps....

I have noticed over the last few months that the hood was getting creased and saggy between the glass and the clamshell, I thought it was getting old but it turns out that the glue that holds it to the metal base had dried out and it was pulling out...hence the creases. 
There was a good write up here

http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/71959-fix-sagging-soft-top-coming-unstuck-rear.html

I followed the write up and it’s as good as new again!

• Like 1

Replaced front left and rear right abs sensors, both were seized and broke when I tried to remove them, had to drill and pick away at the plastic enough to get the magnets out, what an pain..  finally got the new ones in, cleared the fault code and no more abs light!

Nothing major again just only

- remove old alternator as it give up (who the f£&_ using RTX brand they are shyate) 

- order LUCAS one as it was well recommended and not over price as other unknown brands 

- remove all dust and dirt from engine bay still few more to do  ( anyone look into dry ice cleaning ?) 

- inspect parts which were exposed and look what need be restored change due to rust.

https://imgur.com/a/EJsRTk7

r7waDq6.jpg

Edited by Joshua
Forgot add pic

- Phone holder with my cheap Aukey Bluetooth transmitter

- Exhaust rattle solved, it was due to a free hanging pressure valve cable of the sports exhaust

-  All weather mats

- Noticed that I don't have clips for wind deflector glass, hopefully I will figure out with some ebay purchase.

On 5/1/2021 at 1:18 PM, Bradders59 said:

Adjusted handbrake cables at the console end ready for MOT. Just need to sort the PAS pressure pipe now.

I think I will take it off (having now found out how to) and take it to a hydraulic hose outfit and ask them to do a permanent join where its previously been bodged.

Replacements seem very expensive.

Do you mean the hard lines on the rack itself? These are available for £49.99 from Woollies workshop.

https://wooliesworkshop.com/collections/porsche-boxster-steering-and-suspension/products/power-steering-rack-pipes-for-porsche-911-996-porsche-boxster-986-97-05-996-347-012-08

No, the pipe which goes through the o/s wheelarch to the rack.

Havent got around to it yet. Spent ages trying to get my Clio dci to stop leaking oil from every orifice, and finally succeeded a few days ago.

Then replaced a balljoint on the old Omega yesterday, which turned into a pig of a job which ran into today.

Was planning to get onto the PAS pipe on the Boxster today, but now promised the wife I will do a couple of jobs she wants doing, so it gets put back yet again.

Working over the weekend, so hopefully Monday. 🙄

Removed the MAF when investigating a poor idle. Didn't look too dirty, so decided to check the pipework, hmmm, not too bad.

Little bit of oil in the hose from TB-AOS, not too bad...

Sure I'll make the effort and take the Throttle Body off to have a look - YUCK! Idle control valve ports all caked in black gunge, TB fairly mucky. All 102k miles of muck are present!

Will hopefully get it cleaned and re-assembled tonight to see if the idle is fixed 😊

23 minutes ago, Kay Pee said:

Removed the MAF when investigating a poor idle. Didn't look too dirty, so decided to check the pipework, hmmm, not too bad.

Little bit of oil in the hose from TB-AOS, not too bad...

Sure I'll make the effort and take the Throttle Body off to have a look - YUCK! Idle control valve ports all caked in black gunge, TB fairly mucky. All 102k miles of muck are present!

Will hopefully get it cleaned and re-assembled tonight to see if the idle is fixed 😊

Yours must be a 2.5 then with cable throttle and seperate ICV?