Adrian Flux - superb!

Been with them for over a year now, signed up to another year.

I'm 28 with a 2003 Boxster S, and my insurance is around £500 a year. This is fully comprehensive, european breakdown cover, key cover, windscreen cover, personal protection cover, and so on.

The best bit? They're the only company in the UK that allows you to drive other cars not third party, but fully comprehensive on them, as long as they're insured. This is also in the policy.

Customer service has been excellent, price is great and the cover is arguably the best on any policy you can get. I can step into any car that's insured now and know that I'm covered fully comprehensive on it. That's a massive bonus.

The only downside was that the policy was going to go up over £100, even when they told me that due to moving, it would go down when it came to renewals due to the new location being quieter. But they did tell me this before brexit, so who knows. But after I told them this, they apologised and kept the price the same. Awesome.

Just thought I'd get the word out there :)

I enjoyed the fully comp on any other insured car cover too (£20k Max pay out IIRC). But I decided to leave them after the best price they could do was over double what I was offered elsewhere.

If it was a 1-200 different I may have entertained it and reaped the additional benefits as above (including the seemingly unlimited modifications list the underwriter was happy with too).

Their service was really good and always knowledgable car nuts on the phone. 

I paid £240 FC for the year - I'm 32 next month,

Based on my experience, you'll find Adrian Flux very agreeable until you need to change any details on the policy, then they are an absolute nightmare to deal with.  Utter ladyflaps.

As they aren't an insurer, just a broker, if you - for example - had a modified car, but bought a hum drum car, their underwriter might charge a whopping amount for a non-modified car (say, 3 or 4 times the normal quote you'd get).  This could be the same for changing postcode, anything like that.

If you don't accept the increase, you have to cancel - but their cancellation "fees" a few years back were in excess of £175.

@cj225 yup, they wouldn't accomodate a stock 1.4 civic as my policy set up was for  a heavily modified higher spec car. They wouldn't even let me change my Porsche on to the policy unless it was significantly modified, as the underwriter didn't care for a stock car. 

I think I paid a £55 cancellation fee.

1 minute ago, Jason986S said:

@cj225 yup, they wouldn't accomodate a stock 1.4 civic as my policy set up was for  a heavily modified higher spec car. They wouldn't even let me change my Porsche on to the policy unless it was significantly modified, as the underwriter didn't care for a stock car. 

I think I paid a £55 cancellation fee.

Sounds about right.

They wanted more from me than the policy cost, some time ago.   They never got it, and might still be looking for it now.

Got bitten by the FLux cancellation fees and transfer fees before. Not a pleasurable experience. I had A-Plan insurance on my old kit car. Sold the car 6 months into the policy, fully expecting to be told it's £xxxx to cancel it and I'd just leave it to run until the end as a cheaper option. But turns out very different and they refunded a good portion of unused policy. Well impressed.

Best quote from Flux for a new 1.0 Fiesta with learner £1300. Tried a lot of 'selling' on the phone and the 'it's a really good price'. Tried to get me to buy then cancel if I got a cheaper quotation  

Paid £485 elsewhere for same level of cover ... 

Must admit A Plan have been good when needing to claim but in recent years their prices just aren't competitive.  

13 hours ago, cj225 said:

I paid £240 FC for the year - I'm 32 next month,

Based on my experience, you'll find Adrian Flux very agreeable until you need to change any details on the policy, then they are an absolute nightmare to deal with.  Utter ladyflaps.

As they aren't an insurer, just a broker, if you - for example - had a modified car, but bought a hum drum car, their underwriter might charge a whopping amount for a non-modified car (say, 3 or 4 times the normal quote you'd get).  This could be the same for changing postcode, anything like that.

If you don't accept the increase, you have to cancel - but their cancellation "fees" a few years back were in excess of £175.

Same experience here. Great while they're taking your money for years on end, utter shyatee when you want to change anything. And yes i had an extortionate cancellation fee.

When i swapped from the beetle to the Boxster they wanted nearly £2k a year for insurance. Now granted I do live in London so i expect to pay more but not 5 times more!!!!!!

Ended up with HIC and paying just under £800 which for where i live is a good deal. 

Just be wary of Flux. They are masters at charging for everything, £65 for adding the other half on to my last car even though the premium went up a little bit as well for instance.

9 hours ago, edc said:

Must admit A Plan have been good when needing to claim but in recent years their prices just aren't competitive.  

A-Plan are still there or there abouts with our Ute insurance.  Certainly not so far out that it's worth changing broker. :) 

1 hour ago, Araf said:

A-Plan are still there or there abouts with our Ute insurance.  Certainly not so far out that it's worth changing broker. :) 

It started off when I got the AMG. My first call was A Plan for a mirrored no claims. They couldn't do it as the car wasn't special enough (ie had 4 doors) even though it was more expensive and faster than my Boxster. So I rang Sky who did mirror the no claims. The business was placed with Markerstudy who were the current underwriter for the Boxster via A Plan!!! Since then Sky have had the business. When I sold the AMG and got a Fiesta none of the aforementioned brokers would insure it as I was told. I also rang Greenlight and I can't remember which one now but one broker said they would only insure people with a full licence for 2+ years. Learner drivers a no go. In the end I got a policy from Diamond :D 

27 minutes ago, edc said:

In the end I got a policy from Diamond :D 

Good luck with Diamond.  We were with them when Mrs Araf's car got hit.  I won't give you the whole sorry tale, but it took 18 months to get as far as we were going to get and we will never use them, or any other part of the Admiral group again.

Archived