GAP Insurance

D8EAN

Any insurance company can sort gap.  Why is your broker for motor insurance?  Also, check with the advertisers here here on BoXa. :) 

Just now, Boxbrownie said:

I have used ALA for the last two new cars........excellent service.

i see them mentioned over on the macan forum

my broker won't do gap and porsche do offer it..... my sales guy was great and if i did go through him I'm sure he'd get a brucey bonus out of it which i don't mind 

Remember of course that most.........some insurance policies include first year (on new cars) new for old, so for them you only need GAP for the second/third year which is what I bought from ALA, you can buy it at time of delivery and postpone the start of the policy.

1 hour ago, D8EAN said:

Need to get this sorted pronto.... dealer wants 600 lids

anyone else use another company? best prices got? 

Will go with dealer if i don't find anything else out there as it will make my life easier

https://shortfall.co.uk/compare-shortfall/508

Shortfall - took cover via them in 2013 for the 981

claim limit £50000

5 year cover - (Porsche Insurance actually cover for the first year under car insurance policy mind)

Vehicle Replacement basis (rather than invoice or whatever the lower levels are)

£459 total

Could have been a lot lower if lower limits, shorter term etc

there was also Ala, Carscover, Directgap, Easygap, Frank Pickles & Go Car i looked at

Also went for ALA here as well to cover 981 GTS when bought last year.

I also went for Vehicle Replacement Plus so hopefully claim limit £50k should cover the shortfall for a replacement vehicle, even up to 5 years if still owned then although I guess that depends on the new cost in 5 years, well 4 years from now.

Similar to @boxsternoob56 whose previous post on this got me looking at these companies, the cost of the policy I went for was £443 for £50k cover for 5 years

As above I had a look at Shortfall as well, both Shortfall and ALA are underwritten by UK General Insurance on behalf of Ageas so as far as I could tell on the broker was different and they both seemed to offer the best cover to me so either would have been good.

Also if vehicle sold before 5 years were up the policy could be transferred to another Vehicle.

Ive used ALA as well, but i have no idea how good they as touch wood i have never had to use them. Their defaqto rating is 5 star. You don't know how good an insurance company is until you have to use them. Avoid Coop, Saga!!!

I have back to Invoice cover. I looked at there alloy wheel insurance but in the small print they don't cover diamond cut wheels.

How competitive is the Porsche car insurance? As i believe you get an experience day with it?

7 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Ive used ALA as well, but i have no idea how good they as touch wood i have never had to use them. Their defaqto rating is 5 star. You don't know how good an insurance company is until you have to use them. Avoid Coop, Saga!!!

I have back to Invoice cover. I looked at there alloy wheel insurance but in the small print they don't cover diamond cut wheels.

How competitive is the Porsche car insurance? As i believe you get an experience day with it?

No you dont get an experience day as far as I am aware (it would outwiegh the cost of the premium in may instances!)

I pay about £360 for 12000 miles a year (10000 of which are business use, not just social & commuting)

The excess IIRC is £450 (a bit high) but the cost year on year has not increased so far (may do this year with my no fault tow bar claim!).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived