981 clear wind deflector MK2

topradio

I based my mod on what was done on this thread.

I was out in the car yesterday and having spent a couple hours with the hood down I maybe now appreciate why Porsche used a net.  First problem is you get the reflection on the gear lever etc in the polycarbonate.  The other thing is I wounder if the is more of a draft with a solid defector

I used to get a weird reflection with the mesh, an odd type of deflection of the clouds in it every now and again

My clear one is fine, the buffeting isn't any worse as far as I remember (but then I've had a clear one for 5yrs probably), same with reflections...nothing that bothers me

The only downside I've noticed with the clear screen is that my auto dim mirrors seem to activate a lot more.  I often notice them turn their blue hue even in daylight.

Other than that I'm a fan of the clear as it improves visibility , especially with hood closed.

8 hours ago, Patt said:

The only downside I've noticed with the clear screen is that my auto dim mirrors seem to activate a lot more.  I often notice them turn their blue hue even in daylight.

Other than that I'm a fan of the clear as it improves visibility , especially with hood closed.

yes mine is fitted 24/7 365 days a year, never comes out