Litronic bulbs

golfprorich

I have Litronics on my 986, however I don't think the light output is that great. Especially compared to HIDs on my daily car and the 997. 

Are there any particular bulbs I can get that would make a difference? I'm not sure without checking what brand are in there at the moment. 

2 hours ago, mike597 said:

Hid bulb output does drop off as they age.   It's worth getting some new bulbs if they haven't been changed for years. I'd always go for decent brand like Phillips or osram. 

Thanks, I'll treat myself to a new pair. I think there must be odd brands in anyway as they produce a different colour!

Original bulbs from mine still pretty good. Also curious if the new bulbs make any difference, or if people just need to re-aim them once in a while. I re-adjusted mine this year, and they work pretty well...

881118A3-BDA9-450E-8C35-B38AB819DF2A_zps

26 minutes ago, boxtaboy said:

Original bulbs from mine still pretty good. Also curious if the new bulbs make any difference, or if people just need to re-aim them once in a while. I re-adjusted mine this year, and they work pretty well...

881118A3-BDA9-450E-8C35-B38AB819DF2A_zps

Not bad, but lighting up the wrong side of the road......:D

27 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Not bad, but lighting up the wrong side of the road......:D

Yeh, I know...I have the steering wheel on the wrong side too. :) 

On 4/23/2017 at 6:40 PM, boxtaboy said:

Yeh, I know...I have the steering wheel on the wrong side too. :) 

Please flip your pictures before posting in future.  Some around here get easily confused. ;) 

I have Litronics on my Box and have often wondered if the bulbs were replaceable with a normal bulb or if they were a special (=super expensive) bulb.

Am I right then to assume that I can pop a normal replacement bulb in ?

12 minutes ago, mickemo said:

I have Litronics on my Box and have often wondered if the bulbs were replaceable with a normal bulb or if they were a special (=super expensive) bulb.

Am I right then to assume that I can pop a normal replacement bulb in ?

You need a D2S bulb............sit down before you look at the prices :o

7 minutes ago, golfprorich said:

You need a D2S bulb............sit down before you look at the prices :o

D2S bulbs are much cheaper now than they used to be. I've haven't even had to replace mine yet though, and am wondering when they will burn out...and I always drive with them on (even in the daytime).

47 minutes ago, Araf said:

Please flip your pictures before posting in future.  Some around here get easily confused. ;) 

I prefer this idea to driving on the wrong side of the road here in order to get the picture right for you guys. :D 

8 hours ago, boxtaboy said:

I prefer this idea to driving on the wrong side of the road here in order to get the picture right for you guys. :D 

Hey.....you might set a trend going over there.......then you could get everyone to stop drinking coffee and start with tea again :lol:

On 2017-4-27 at 11:11 PM, boxtaboy said:

I think you mean the RIGHT side of the road:P

57 minutes ago, Anker BS said:

As long as you can get your vocabularies right:

A bonnet is something amish women wear!

A hood covers the front of the car, not the occupants!

A boot is something you wear when its wet!

What language do you speak? ;)

1 hour ago, mike597 said:

What language do you speak? ;)

The language of people that burnt witches in the 17th century. ;)

Archived