Insurance renewal time...

Pezky

6 minutes ago, Southy said:

My renewal with Locktons is due in December, I paid £300 last year with included breakdown UK/EU and PCGB membership, although I had already joined! - they don't use NCD so my man maths is telling me I need another car to maintain my max ncd  :)

I need a shopping trolley, was thinking something like a Honda Type R 2008-10 vintage but the seats look uncomfortable 

My renewal is due in December as well.  Currently I have the Boxster on my multi-car policy with Admiral though I intend to move this off and onto a more suitable policy when I renew.  I tried to speak to Admiral about things like track day cover, guaranteed value cover, changing between summer and winter wheels/tyres, the value of options, my cherished plate etc and they were massively inflexible and could not understand my needs - if it's not in their menu they don't have an answer.  I will leave our other cars on the MC policy with Admiral though to make  my life easier.

I had spoken to Locktons recently and their quote was not that far off Admirals price, in a couple of days I will be within the 4 week period of the Admiral policy so will get it sorted then...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rowbos said:

My renewal is due in December as well.  Currently I have the Boxster on my multi-car policy with Admiral though I intend to move this off and onto a more suitable policy when I renew.  I tried to speak to Admiral about things like track day cover, guaranteed value cover, changing between summer and winter wheels/tyres, the value of options, my cherished plate etc and they were massively inflexible and could not understand my needs - if it's not in their menu they don't have an answer.  I will leave our other cars on the MC policy with Admiral though to make  my life easier.

I had spoken to Locktons recently and their quote was not that far off Admirals price, in a couple of days I will be within the 4 week period of the Admiral policy so will get it sorted then...

And you get a year's free PCGB membership, not that I've used mine so far having missed the track day at Oulton Park a couple of weeks ago☹️

30 minutes ago, witko999 said:

I recently got a policy with Locktons, and they didn't offer a free PCGB membership.

It's worth asking them they state

The PCGB Insurance Scheme is for Club members only. However, if you're looking for outstanding Porsche insurance and aren't a PCGB member, don't despair. As part of the Lockton service, we will assist you through the membership process when insuring your car for the first time. As an additional benefit, we'll also pay for the membership until the next subscription renewal date. The PCGB is a flourishing club and will help you get the most from the ownership of your Porsche.

39 minutes ago, witko999 said:

I recently got a policy with Locktons, and they didn't offer a free PCGB membership.

They didn't offer it to me. I asked about it and was advised that you have to be a member of PCGB to benefit from the scheme and they include 1st year if you are not already a member.

Looks like I’m going to move to Manning. 

I’ve spoken to Locktons, Manning, and A-Plan.  

And I have had my renewal quote through from Admiral - but I already know I’m changing.  Their renewal was just under £500.  I’m sure I paid £300 something last year. 

Manning come in at £309 including agreed Valuation, track day cover, ability to choose own windscreen supplier (at a slightly higher excess than their default supplier), European driving, legal cover, own choice of repairer if the worst happens etc.  Everything I had on my list.  Oh they are also taking my 5 years plus of no claims from my company car on the basis of a confirmation letter from the company - and this is protected.    

Lockton and A-Plan were higher cost and had slightly different features. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2017 at 8:02 PM, rowbos said:

Looks like I’m going to move to Manning. 

I’ve spoken to Locktons, Manning, and A-Plan.  

And I have had my renewal quote through from Admiral - but I already know I’m changing.  Their renewal was just under £500.  I’m sure I paid £300 something last year. 

Manning come in at £309 including agreed Valuation, track day cover, ability to choose own windscreen supplier (at a slightly higher excess than their default supplier), European driving, legal cover, own choice of repairer if the worst happens etc.  Everything I had on my list.  Oh they are also taking my 5 years plus of no claims from my company car on the basis of a confirmation letter from the company - and this is protected.    

Lockton and A-Plan were higher cost and had slightly different features. 

Now moved the Boxster to Manning - as above £309 and a feature set I am happy with :)  

Admiral tried to bump up the overall remaining policy cost as I was reducing the number of cars covered - after a bit of discussion it's come down to a level I am happy with (less than last year for the other cars) so job done for another year.

I had my Locktons renewal through, premium increase of £14 which I can live with :) now £314 - includes Euro Breakdown, damage to the car if used on PCGB arranged track days and agreed value if I can be bothered getting PCGB valuation.

Some good deals about @rowbos seems good if they take the company letter and protected it 

Having checked PCGB the valuation service seems very straight forward, so I'll now be doing this aswell, will be interesting to see what the say.

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/membership/membership-benefits/vehicle-valuations

Vehicle Valuations

The Club is able to provide members with a free-of-charge valuations service for their Porsche. This process can now be completed online and members wishing to obtain a valuation for their vehicles should click here.

Each submission will be manually reviewed by a member of the Clubhouse team and we aim to produce a completed valuation letter within 72 hours. 

Front
Rear
Left Side
Right Side
Luggage Area
Interior

Where possible, please also include a photo of the vehicle’s engine bay. If you have further supporting documents, these can also be uploaded as digital files.

9 hours ago, Southy said:

I had my Locktons renewal through, premium increase of £14 which I can live with :) now £314 - includes Euro Breakdown, damage to the car if used on PCGB arranged track days and agreed value if I can be bothered getting PCGB valuation.

Some good deals about @rowbos seems good if they take the company letter and protected it 

Having checked PCGB the valuation service seems very straight forward, so I'll now be doing this aswell, will be interesting to see what the say.

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/membership/membership-benefits/vehicle-valuations

Yep I used the PCGB valuation service.  I received my letter back the same day I believe.    Very straightforward and Manning were quite happy with this and the photos I sent over for a guaranteed valuation figure. 

14 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Yep I used the PCGB valuation service.  I received my letter back the same day I believe.    Very straightforward and Manning were quite happy with this and the photos I sent over for a guaranteed valuation figure. 

How spooky!! Ive just done the exact same thing. Due to my local OPC no longer ‘allowing’ a valuation service my onsurer told me of this service by the PCGB so i joined and yes car info and 6 photos and the valuation was back the same day. :)

21 hours ago, rowbos said:

21 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

How spooky!! Ive just done the exact same thing. Due to my local OPC no longer ‘allowing’ a valuation service my onsurer told me of this service by the PCGB so i joined and yes car info and 6 photos and the valuation was back the same day. :)

Great stuff, I'll try and get the car out tomorrow haha depending on the snow

• 2 weeks later...

I've just played the insurance renewal lottery game. Current provider A plan £400, new provider PMAS £235 including courtesy car and OEM windscreen cover. Oh and as a new customer a £20 M&S voucher to say thank you.

Happy Xmas to me ?

45 minutes ago, T24RES said:

I've just played the insurance renewal lottery game. Current provider A plan £400, new provider PMAS £235 including courtesy car and OEM windscreen cover. Oh and as a new customer a £20 M&S voucher to say thank you.

Happy Xmas to me ?

Who are Pmas?

Police Mutual :busted: ... I'm surprised that Ian has only just become a customer :)

Myself, I've just accepted the inevitable and gone with Saga - big drop in premium and I get European comprehensive cover without needing to inform them beforehand of trips.

24 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Police Mutual :busted: ... I'm surprised that Ian has only just become a customer :)

Myself, I've just accepted the inevitable and gone with Saga - big drop in premium and I get European comprehensive cover without needing to inform them beforehand of trips.

Ah, thank you.

• 2 months later...

So my renewal from Admiral came through at £417, thought I’d do a confused search and nothing came up cheaper. Tried Saga and got a quote for £268 which seems much better. Before I hit the button, I thought I would try Locktons to see what ball park they would be in, got a call today to say it would be around the £750 mark, so that would be a big NO from me, especially as I’m one week away from a big birthday!

I'm just about to start the annual repeat question phone calls.

Renewal came in from Direct line at just over £530 - not happy about that, especially on a 8K mileage limit and about double the 986 (if I recall)

I know the value of the car is more, yet the paperwork just states "market value" :vmad:

As a previous loyal customer of A-plan they have already called me...."over £1100 sir"

let the tedious calls begin....

12 minutes ago, Patt said:

I'm just about to start the annual repeat question phone calls.

Renewal came in from Direct line at just over £530 - not happy about that, especially on a 8K mileage limit and about double the 986 (if I recall)

I know the value of the car is more, yet the paperwork just states "market value" :vmad:

As a previous loyal customer of A-plan they have already called me...."over £1100 sir"

let the tedious calls begin....

Try Manning, they ended up with pretty much the lowest quote for me, guaranteed value, track day cover, OPC repairs, OPC windscreen replacement, very easy to deal with and responsive by email with a named contact who maintained contact with me as I asked lots of questions...

Well it just gets better.....

after spending what seemed like ages having to fill in a form for manning last night, I get a call this morning to say it’s around £950 ?. I’ve stopped giggling now and realised he was serious!

For those that need it, PCGB do car valuations, I did the form Sunday and e-mailed it off with Photos etc, got the valuations back Monday afternoon.  I've now sent this to Locktons who will accept and now agree the value  :)

16 minutes ago, Forest said:

Well it just gets better.....

after spending what seemed like ages having to fill in a form for manning last night, I get a call this morning to say it’s around £950 ?. I’ve stopped giggling now and realised he was serious!

You are clearly a risk and a danger on the road ?

My basic facts for insurance are ... I am 50.  Live in the middle of nowhere. 3000 mile limit on the Boxster. Use of 3 other cars.  5 years no claims (taken from my company car policy with no claims made) Might just make all the difference. 

16 minutes ago, Southy said:

For those that need it, PCGB do car valuations, I did the form Sunday and e-mailed it off with Photos etc, got the valuations back Monday afternoon.  I've now sent this to Locktons who will accept and now agree the value  :)

Same. Very quick response - a valuation letter emailed back within 24 hours.  Just apply from your account details page from memory. 

5 hours ago, rowbos said:

You are clearly a risk and a danger on the road ?

My basic facts for insurance are ... I am 50.  Live in the middle of nowhere. 3000 mile limit on the Boxster. Use of 3 other cars.  5 years no claims (taken from my company car policy with no claims made) Might just make all the difference. 

Obvs ?

nothing out the ordinary for me, 59 at the mo, use it for pleasure and the odd commute now and again, use of second car at home, years of no claims, no convictions etc. Just requested 7.5k for mileage as a European Tour can easily add 2,5 - 3k

Archived