Going for a Carnewal exhaust

John K

34 minutes ago, paulchamby said:

Great choice with the Carnewal - you won't regret it! I've had mine over two years and it just keeps getting better!

Booked in for fitting on the 15th at CPS - so will order it tomorrow so it arrives in time. Gert quotes 3 days to deliver.

I have heard performance exhausts take time to 'bed in' and the tone / timbre improves with age, is this true..?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, John K said:

Gert quotes 3 days to deliver.

and he keeps to his word - ordered mine Friday morning and it arrived before 9am on the Monday.

3 minutes ago, John K said:

I have heard performance exhausts take time to 'bed in' and the tone / timbre improves with age, is this true..?

T'is true, at least that's my experience. Gert recommends driving at least 100 miles after installation :)

6 minutes ago, John K said:

Booked in for fitting on the 15th at CPS - so will order it tomorrow so it arrives in time. Gert quotes 3 days to deliver.

Only 9 more sleeps!!

Yes, the sound has improved with age, I think it takes a few hundred miles or so for the exhaust to bed-in following Gerts re-work

46 minutes ago, 986CKY said:

Insurance companies are b*st*rds and as soon as your car is on their list as 'modded' in the event of a crash they'd be more inclined to look around the car. 

IMHO there is no hard and fast rule here. I have also heard that if you are seen to be the sort that declares mods they will be more relaxed in the event of an off.

And I totally get what folk are saying about it uses the genuine Pork exterior so how would anybody tell. But I have already opened the 'can o worms' by talking about it on the forum.

If I am involved in an expensive claim I've heard the insurance companies will trawl social media and forums to see if this sort of stuff has been talked about.

This is the exact statement I got back from Gert...

"The Carnewal GT exhaust is an internally modified original Porsche exhaust that is sold on an exchange base.

The original exhaust and thus the Carnewal GT is made of stainless steel, although a lower quality of stainless steel.

The Carnewal GT exhaust gives +5 to +7 HP."

I will send this to the insurance folk, give them a max of £40 (the £40 was based on a 10% / 30bhp uplift) and see what happens...

12 minutes ago, John K said:

Are you coming to the Bridgend meet on the 18th John?  I need to hear your new exhaust!

Mine’s going on this weekend but I wouldn’t mind tagging along, would be good to meet Gert and I’ve heard there are some good places to eat and stay at in the vicinity.

17 hours ago, CliveH said:

and he keeps to his word - ordered mine Friday morning and it arrived before 9am on the Monday

Just placed the order for the GT Exhaust, silver tail pipes and the misc bracket kit...

Getting it delivered direct to CPS for (hopefully) fitting on the 15th.

Getting excited now... 8 more sleeps until the neighbours get no more lie ins.

Don't look at the mpg on your computer for a while after fitting.

Your right foot tends to get slightly heavier and you tend to hold the gears a tad more...just for the infectious smile of a sporty exhaust note.

A sports car should sound proper, but not too loud to be offensive/chav.  Carnewal on the 987 and 981 sounds better than the PSE or bypass pipes on the 986.  Fruity but no drone.

Collectively you guys are doing nothing to help with my ever increasing excitement levels...

Something somewhere is gonna burst soon... And it's gonna be messy...

6 hours ago, John K said:

Collectively you guys are doing nothing to help with my ever increasing excitement levels...

Something somewhere is gonna burst soon... And it's gonna be messy...

?

There will be quavers and red wine everywhere!

So are you coming on the Bridgnorth drive in a couple of weeks to show off your new raunchy exhaust note?

30 minutes ago, John K said:

Something somewhere is gonna burst soon... And it's gonna be messy

That'll be quavers and malbec ! :laugh:

20 minutes ago, rowbos said:

So are you coming on the Bridgend drive in a couple of weeks to show off your new raunchy exhaust note?

That is a possible, depends if some DIY gets done between the Cheddar run and the Bridgend one...

3 hours ago, John K said:

Just placed the order for the GT Exhaust, silver tail pipes and the misc bracket kit...

Getting it delivered direct to CPS for (hopefully) fitting on the 15th.

Getting excited now... 8 more sleeps until the neighbours get no more lie ins.

I share your excitement! :rocks:

2 hours ago, Patt said:

Your right foot tends to get slightly heavier and you tend to hold the gears a tad more...just for the infectious smile of a sporty exhaust note.

This, for sure, will happen :) 

2 hours ago, rowbos said:

?

There will be quavers and red wine everywhere!

So are you coming on the Bridgend drive in a couple of weeks to show off your new raunchy exhaust note?

Have I missed something or are you trying to keep me out of the loop <_< what's all this about a Bridgend run ? I've not seen anything in the BoXa.net Meets, TrackDays & Events  Section.

Guvs.

17 minutes ago, Guvs said:

Have I missed something or are you trying to keep me out of the loop <_< what's all this about a Bridgend run ? I've not seen anything in the BoXa.net Meets, TrackDays & Events  Section.

Guvs.

Think they mean Bridgnorth Guvs...looks like Steve's gps has gone wonky....still only just down the road eh? :whistle:

1 minute ago, red rocket said:

Think they mean Bridgnorth Guvs...looks like Steve's gps has gone wonky....still only just down the road eh? :whistle:

:lol: Thought they were trying to avoid me for a minute.

Guvs.

John

When I bought my Carnewal, Gertbsaid around 1000 miles for the ecu to recognise it and reset. He was about spot on. I was going up the Furka Pass when I felt a distinct change, and my buddy following (an engineer) heard the change in the exhaust note. The sound has  got better over the last couple of K miles, particularly under hard accelaration. You wont notice much difference when cruising.

Paul

2 minutes ago, Boxsteraficionado said:

Just leaving a comment to see what comes out of all this. I might make time in March to go and get this done...

Will happily give you an update in a weeks time..!

Archived