Going for a Carnewal exhaust

John K

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can hear a bit of the Gert-magic-pipes here - when we start off.

I always wanted to listen the sound from outside of the car. Especially passing by and giving the full beans. But dont like giving away the keys :)

9 minutes ago, j0hn said:

You can hear a bit of the Gert-magic-pipes here - when we start off.

I enjoyed that. Good memories. Had to laugh at the goat in the car park

On 2/7/2018 at 11:35 AM, John K said:

Just placed the order for the GT Exhaust, silver tail pipes and the misc bracket kit...

I just package the exhaust to be shipped to Gert.

Hopefully early next week I'll get the quote for the shipping and finalize payment etc.

I was wondering if I do need the bracket kit.

What does it include? How much is it?

1 hour ago, Ale_72 said:

I can’t see it listed for the 987.2, but presumably it includes all the ancillary hardware (except the tailpipe), and you may need some or all of this depending on the condition of your existing exhaust.

There are 4 clamps and corresponding nuts & bolts, and a sleeve which joins two of the connecting pipes. There are also 3 studs & bolts and a gasket where it connects to the exhaust manifold. 

I can almost guarantee that the stud bolts will be completly corroded and what’s left of them will need forcibly removing. I would see it as a good opportunity to renew all these bits and pieces.

Studs and bolts for sure will be in miserable conditions...

I was just curious to know if all these things could be available in the garage (not Porsche) that will install the exhaust or if I should take already the kit (that is not cheap, at least looking at the 987.1)

7 hours ago, Ale_72 said:

I just package the exhaust to be shipped to Gert.

Hopefully early next week I'll get the quote for the shipping and finalize payment etc.

It seems I wasted my money, I got the 20 Euro one and it really did just have odds and sods in it (Lee would know the full details) apparently the brackets I needed for it all to look good are the ones either side of the tail t-piece, I suspect they would be in the 70(?) Euro kit - I'm pretty sure I saw he did two, but I was a bit tipsy...

Lee reused the existing clamps and functionally they are fine, but just look old. I never look underneath so doesn't bother me.

If I were you I would get confirmation of what is in what kit from Gert.

1 minute ago, John K said:

Lee reused the existing clamps and functionally they are fine, but just look old. I never look underneath so doesn't bother me.

That would be the same for me.

1 minute ago, John K said:

If I were you I would get confirmation of what is in what kit from Gert.

I will ask. I imagine that, worst scenario, I can get same missing bits from my dealer.

2 minutes ago, Ale_72 said:

I can get same missing bits from my dealer.

Do you mean an OPC?

Be a bit careful as I am pretty sure the clamps either side of the tail pipes are £70 a pop and you will need two. So if Gert's bigger kit includes them, its at least a 50% saving, so one tank of decent petrol..!

Much respect on the Morgan BTW...

11 hours ago, CliveH said:

You know it makes sense :)

No it doesn't... It makes no sense... It is an utterly childish total waste of money...

JFDI... 

11 hours ago, onedesi said:

Today’s runout has really not helped, I fear I may be going Carnewal in the next few weeks :)

I really wish I could have been there but I am just so knackered health wise  at the mo.

I'm in love with mine. I even got a pop out of it on the over run. Currently thinking of paying for an hours parking in a multi story car park and just driving round.

And I know this will have the concourse purists twitching like crazy but... Does anybody know anybody who can do custom vinyl decals? I would like to have a discrete 'Ring' style sticker of an Exhaust system and "Carnewal" text on it to stick on my rear end...

And before somebody (and you know who you are @rowbos) posts another libelous picture, I mean the CARS rear end...

2 minutes ago, John K said:

I really wish I could have been there but I am just so knackered health wise  at the mo.

I'm in love with mine. I even got a pop out of it on the over run. Currently thinking of paying for an hours parking in a multi story car park and just driving round.

And I know this will have the concourse purists twitching like crazy but... Does anybody know anybody who can do custom vinyl decals? I would like to have a discrete 'Ring' style sticker of an Exhaust system and "Carnewal" text on it to stick on my rear end...

And before somebody (and you know who you are @rowbos) posts another libelous picture, I mean the CARS rear end...

:P

3 minutes ago, John K said:

Currently thinking of paying for an hours parking in a multi story car park and just driving round.

Great Plan! :rocks:

7 minutes ago, John K said:

No it doesn't... It makes no sense... It is an utterly childish total waste of money...

That was my justification too :D

4 hours ago, Ale_72 said:

Trigger pulled!

Tomorrow morning TNT will come to pick up the exhaust to be modified.

The best bang for buck you’ll spend :rocks:

Archived