Locktons PCGB renewal

edc

Anyone else get hit with a £30 admin renewal charge when renewing your Locktons PCGB insurance policy? 

@edc   just renewed my policy with Locktons and they charged a £30 admin fee, which is exactly the same as i paid on 20th Feb last year,  so it's not a new charge. Really good cover though inc PCGB track day cover etc.

£30 just to renew seems a bit of a con. It's 10% of the premium in my case. When you renew your other insurances whether with same or different insurer you don't pay a renewal fee do you? I haven't in the past. When you take out a new Lockton policy there is no renewal or admin fee to pay. 

15 minutes ago, edc said:

£30 just to renew seems a bit of a con. It's 10% of the premium in my case. When you renew your other insurances whether with same or different insurer you don't pay a renewal fee do you? I haven't in the past. When you take out a new Lockton policy there is no renewal or admin fee to pay. 

Same here I paid a £30 fee - but the whole policy had only gone up £15 from last year, with the free breakdown cover and agreed value (When I sort the PCGB valuation out) it's still a good deal for me, and the PCGB track day cover if/when I get round to doing it.

At renewal the Locktons premium looks increasingly uncompetitive. First off is the £30 renewal fee, then there is the premium increase itself (mine is about £20), then there is the £60 PCGB renewal fee. So you're at circa £100 more than the previous year which is circa 35% more than prior year. 

I know what you mean I have joint pcgb membership with my wife we have to go to a couple of pcgb events to make it worthwhile. If you don't need breakdown cover or agreed value then you could find cheaper alternatives. 

13 minutes ago, edc said:

At renewal the Locktons premium looks increasingly uncompetitive. First off is the £30 renewal fee, then there is the premium increase itself (mine is about £20), then there is the £60 PCGB renewal fee. So you're at circa £100 more than the previous year which is circa 35% more than prior year. 

That is why I went with Manning in the end, I liked the Lockton story and the link to PCGB but for what I needed Manning gave me more for less...

I’ve been with Mannings for my first year with the BGTS, renewal through and not the significant was advised I could expect after getting that first year under my belt (first personal car insured for over 20 years, and it’s a BGTS!) - which was suggested should be c. £250-£300 decrease on my first years premium. Just gone with Adrian S Flux and more than HALVED th exact same cover and excesses etc.

Mannings have been good - thankfully not needed to claim - so I’ll definitely try them again in 12 months. Sorry OP for going slight

away from original topic.

42 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

I’ve been with Mannings for my first year with the BGTS, renewal through and not the significant was advised I could expect after getting that first year under my belt (first personal car insured for over 20 years, and it’s a BGTS!) - which was suggested should be c. £250-£300 decrease on my first years premium. Just gone with Adrian S Flux and more than HALVED th exact same cover and excesses etc.

Mannings have been good - thankfully not needed to claim - so I’ll definitely try them again in 12 months. Sorry OP for going slight

away from original topic.

Manning gave me 5 years no claims based on no claims on my company insurance and have provided great service so far...

Also apologies but I had to get this in there!

Hi Rowbos, not dissing Mannings, they were way more competitive than half a dozen I tried when I bought my car a year ago. And one of only two that didn’t require an imobiliser -  you know, the only one that Porsche will sanction that they already build into the car (apparently) but then want a grand to plug in the computer and activate it. 

Mannings gave me a years’ NCB introductory discount based on my 20 year company driving record of no accidents, and they were very flexible in terms of sliding scales of compulsory excess etc, plus they allow your own repairer (ie Porsche) which some policies fight against.

seem like a very good company, but I’ve knocked £500 off my premium this time around. Like I said, will happily have them quote again in 12 months time.

david

12 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Hi Rowbos, not dissing Mannings, they were way more competitive than half a dozen I tried when I bought my car a year ago. And one of only two that didn’t require an imobiliser -  you know, the only one that Porsche will sanction that they already build into the car (apparently) but then want a grand to plug in the computer and activate it. 

Mannings gave me a years’ NCB introductory discount based on my 20 year company driving record of no accidents, and they were very flexible in terms of sliding scales of compulsory excess etc, plus they allow your own repairer (ie Porsche) which some policies fight against.

seem like a very good company, but I’ve knocked £500 off my premium this time around. Like I said, will happily have them quote again in 12 months time.

david

I have no links with Manning so diss away :)

My cost for exactly what I wanted with an agreed value, trackday cover, OPC Glass replacement and repair etc was considerably less than my previous insurer and as competitive as anything I found elsewhere - so they suited me this time round...

I've moved from Lockton to Manning this year following Lockton's insistence that they were doing away with no claims bonus at my renewal last year. After building up 8+ years no claims on a second car it was too much of a risk to take.

Locktons were good, although thankfully didn't have to claim, however I didn't think that it was fair that they would pay your PCGB membership for a year if you were not a member & if you already were then tough shyate. Another example of introductory offers where the loyal customer gets shafted.

Hi

I'm in my seventies and having those moments more frequently, just laugh them off! I just thought that if you had told the insurance company that it didn't have an immobiliser the premium is bound to be more.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Out of pure laziness I have renewed this albeit I paid the renewal 2 days late. 

The PCGB renewal isn't actually due till end of this month so wonderful whether I can get away with not renewing that ... ?

Archived