Where to put axles stands to take wheels off for refurb???

headless

As the title suggests, I'm getting my wheels refurbed soon but will have to put the boxster up on axle stands to take them down and with just having the car since christmas I'm after advice and hopefully a pic or 2 where to put the 4 axle stands so it is safe for a few days, it will be on a very gentle slope on my drive...oh and the Boxster is a 987 Boxster S.

Thanks. Ellis.

Have a look at www.101projects.com/Boxster/1.htm 
this is from the book 101projects for you Porsche Boxster 986/987 BUT beware lots of the book only SHOWS the 986.

For instance it talks about adjusting the hand brake cable which is wrong but on the whole the book is a great purchase (see eBay

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The jacking points are easy to identify when you look under the car. I found I couldn’t get my jack (Halfords low profile jobber) Unser the front though so I had to jack up the back event though I wanted the front. Not sure the order I’d do to get all four corners on stands though. You’d have to use some of the other strong points as suggested as at some point a jack will be where an axle stand is needed

5 hours ago, mike597 said:

Don't let that stop you at least it was on topic which is more than can be said for most of the drivel on here. 

haha, cheers anyway dude, got the wheels refurbed......

u2qwLp0.jpg

Archived