How fast can these 987's corner?

John K

Today I stuck mine into a 5mtr radius 90 left at a silly speed (45mph) on a neutral throttle and it just went round it, no drama at all. Even though I was tensed up ready for terminal under steer.

These things are voodoo...

And I am pretty sure @Patt hefty rubbers helped, but still it was impressive

i attempted to find the grip level of an Audi TT 225 quattro on a large roundabout near me once, i bottled it before the car even gave a whiff of traction loss.

Have not attempted similar in the Box yet as its always blooming raining :(

4 hours ago, John K said:

Today I stuck mine into a 5mtr radius 90 left at a silly speed (45mph) on a neutral throttle and it just went round it, no drama at all. Even though I was tensed up ready for terminal under steer.

These things are voodoo...

And I am pretty sure @Patt hefty rubbers helped, but still it was impressive

Ha, ha...I was demonstrating this very same thing to @Chaz4 at the weekend,  circulating a quiet roundabout several times at silly speeds whilst test driving a Boxster!

No drama from the car - but the passenger uttered a few choice expletives!

10 minutes ago, Chaz4 said:

The difference between change of direction and feeling of grip between a Z4 and a boxster is considerable. The boxster is amazing. Ps RBD914 will never ever get near my keys again!! 

?

After watching Rob exit the castle I can see why ?

Looking forward to seeing your new motor unveil...

8 hours ago, Chaz4 said:

Thanks. Will be picking it up next weekend or early following week. RBD was great help in checking over car and paperwork. 

And what a lovely drive we had back to Moffat in your Z4 - leisurely, scenic and relaxing - ?

You guys aren't trying hard enough :) - I find it pretty easy to get the back edging out round a tight roundabout or 90 degree corner.  You need to be on the gas hard and early, but it just easily over-rotates a little.  Not opposite lock heroics but clearly beyond the feeling of "on rails" grip. 

3 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

And what a lovely drive we had back to Moffat in your Z4 - leisurely, scenic and relaxing - ?

No no no. It took several beers and couple drams before I stopped shaking!

1 hour ago, 911-32 said:

You guys aren't trying hard enough :) - I find it pretty easy to get the back edging out round a tight roundabout or 90 degree corner.  You need to be on the gas hard and early, but it just easily over-rotates a little.  Not opposite lock heroics but clearly beyond the feeling of "on rails" grip. 

It was test drive and not to try and unsettle handling by poor throttle use. 

Archived