Hot weather pedal

Patt

When mine was done a few years ago under warranty the OPC sent a flatbed to pick it up, based on the fact that brake binding is clearly a safety issue.

As for the uprated bushes, not sure if I've got them but aren't they a different colour (i.e. white vs the original black)

I have to call Porsche Assist as Reading want 5 weeks notice to supply a courtesy car its my only form of transport.

Seem to recall Ian (T24RES) posting a pic on his thread indicating different colour bushes.

5 weeks notice to supply a courtesy car???

When I bought the 981 it took less than that for a factory order to arrive.. but that was exceptional.

Can you just get the parts and change them yourself? I know it's galling not to leverage the warranty but easier in the long run.

8 hours ago, Patt said:

Make sure you tell them in advance so they can order the upgraded bushes ?

Emailed the service person today, very quick reply confirming job to be added to service list, wonder if they bother to check stock or wait until car is in to check correct part then have to take it back another day to fix as part not in stock???

You end up phoning Porsche Assist and getting them to recover the car to the garage.

They then authorise Enterprise to hire a car for 2 days.

Porsche have 2 days to sort problem.....well that's the sales pitch, but as has been shown this week - Porsche don't stick to this and try to both penny pinch and think making a phone call full of BS is "dealing with" the problem.

On 4/23/2018 at 8:45 PM, temporarychicken said:

I had this issue in year 2 from new.

The pedal bush for the brake was replaced under warranty. No problems since.

it started with a friend following behind me noticing my brake lights were on when I did not appear to be braking. Eventually I got to having to lift the pedal manually before driving off, ala Patt.

Also some random ABS message came up  just before I took it in.

its a common failure point. Each winter the heat blasted into the footwell by the jester makes it worse.

i can’t remember if it was an updated bush or not, but I will dig through the paperwork if antibody needs the info, part no. etc.

This, in fact was the only warranty repair my car ever had, or will have in my ownership!

same with my MY 2013

On 5/23/2018 at 8:58 PM, IanM said:

I have a 2012 981, had it for 18 months, never had any issues with this pedal until a couple of weeks ago. The car was out in a car park on a hot (25 degrees) day while my lad played football. Come to go home and it soon became obvious I had a sticking brake pedal, found I needed to use my toe to lift the pedal. After a brief what do I do know moment, I turned on the air on and blasted the footwell with cold air. It soon made a difference and by the time I got home it was free.

the question is, do I read correct that this is a warranty repair or recall? I have extended Porsche Warranty.

Had mine replaced under warranty 

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced my AC condensers today and while doing it I remembered to check the bushing material on my brake pedal. The car was built in early 2014 and registered in March. The bush is made from a light grey plastic, so it's the upgraded type, which doesn't surprise me as I run the heating flat out in the winter especially as the roof is invariably down and I haven't suffered with the problem.

1 hour ago, topradio said:

The bush is made from a light grey plastic, so it's the upgraded type

What colour is the non upgraded one as I need to take a look at mine which is a 2013

• 2 months later...

I just dropped it off at the dealer this Saturday morning.

They gave me a 718 cayman loaner which is cool.
They said, if it's ready today I have to come back and get it today otherwise I have to pay $100 for the loaner, because they are closed Sunday and they close at 4pm today.

I live about an hour away.

The 718 doesn't really seem much different than the 981.

Archived