Satisfactory oil change..

golfprorich

Did an oil and filter change today and it was nice to see the oil was still a deep golden colour and clear. I also cut open the filter and there was no debris at all to raise concern. Fingers crossed it'll be the same next time!

Now the engine will blow up when I drive it tomorrow :lol:

How many miles since the last change? What sort of journeys? I suspect mine is clean as a whistle as it always gets upto temp when I go on a run. My worry is that I'll find bits of rubber from the chain guides disintegrating in the filter?

I found a small piece of plastic in the catch pan after my last change. I think it's a quarter piece of a tile spacer though :) interesting that the old stuff was still golden and clear. 

3 hours ago, Nobbie said:

How many miles since the last change? What sort of journeys? I suspect mine is clean as a whistle as it always gets upto temp when I go on a run. My worry is that I'll find bits of rubber from the chain guides disintegrating in the filter?

About 2k since last chance and 12months. All trips out are of a decent length so gets up to temperature each time :)

Given the service interval on the latest models is 20,000 miles I’d be very dissapointed if the oil was black after 2000. However I recently changed mine after 1year/6000 and it was fairly black.

Mines always black but only change every 5000 miles but it has done 192,000 so I’m not surprised really, as yet not found any debris in the oil but I never cut the filter open so maybe I’m kidding myself.

4 hours ago, Tubzilla said:

It will blow up if you forgot to put a new filter back on and fill with fresh oil.

I remembered to do that!!

And fortunately I remembered to remove the drain tray and not drive over it like I've done on more than one occasion before :lol:

Archived