Headlights wet'n'dryed this morning

golfprorich

Hated the yellow tinge on my lights so decided to wet and dry them this morning. Started with an 800 grit, then gradually went down to finish with 2500. Then coarse, medium and fine compound to finish. Sealed with some Jetseal 109. It is a big improvement as you can see in the pic, though I reckon I needed to start at 400 grit to get them really good. Maybe next year ?

42867514122_bf29113305_k.jpg

The amber reflector can be removed and amber bulbs used. Search here or google "amberectomy". Involves soldering iron and long nose plyers. 

1 hour ago, Boxob said:

The amber reflector can be removed and amber bulbs used. Search here or google "amberectomy". Involves soldering iron and long nose plyers. 

Ah ok thanks!! The sides and rear are not amber, I'm quite happy with the way the fronts look so will leave them!

48 minutes ago, golfprorich said:

Ah ok thanks!! The sides and rear are not amber, I'm quite happy with the way the fronts look so will leave them!

Good decision IMO.

They look great ? 

I wouldn’t recommend going with 400 grit, you will really struggle to remove the flatting marks out of plastic. You were brave at 800, I’ve done it myself and it is very easy not to get all the 800 marks out ?

1 hour ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

They look great ? 

I wouldn’t recommend going with 400 grit, you will really struggle to remove the flatting marks out of plastic. You were brave at 800, I’ve done it myself and it is very easy not to get all the 800 marks out ?

Noted about not going at 400 :smile_anim:

Archived