Whats the difference between a PDK and PDK+ Launch

John K

3 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

The RaceR app has a leaderboard function for all users  - current fastest 0-60 is 2.92 seconds for a Tesla Model S! 

I take it that is Android only? - can't find it on the Apple Appstore...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

sorry - FastR!!!

Cool just downloaded that as well for comparison :) 

There's that attention to detail again :P

So the gauntlet is down, who gets our top spot on the public leaderboard...

7 hours ago, John K said:

if you did fancy a drag away from the lights because a bunch of Neds in a CRX had pulled up along side. Surely by the time you had engaged the LC, the lights would have changed and the Ricer Wagon would have vanished in a cloud of Drum and Base and the diminishing echos of "You so old..!"

6 hours ago, rowbos said:

It's easy, S+ mode, foot on brake, foot to floor on accelerator, foot off brake, hold tight :) 

who posted that GT3 video recently...you'd look a right nob doing LC at lights next to a CRX or whatever!

7 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

who posted that GT3 video recently...you'd look a right nob doing LC at lights next to a CRX or whatever!

I know I wouldn’t!   I would feel like a complete tit doing that ?

Still want to have a bash at it.  With no one around!

This one?  Love it!

3 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I know I wouldn’t!   I would feel like a complete tit doing that ?

Still want to have a bash at it.  With no one around!

This one?  Love it!

that's it...brilliant

7 hours ago, John K said:

In the real world if you did fancy a drag away from the lights because a bunch of Neds in a CRX had pulled up along side. Surely by the time you had engaged the LC, the lights would have changed and the Ricer Wagon would have vanished in a cloud of Drum and Base and the diminishing echos of "You so old..!"

I think LC will time out if you sit there for too long before lifting your foot off the brake?

LC is not normally worth it at lights, they’re usually in 30 mph areas - unless there’s an end to the limit just across the junction!  As impressive as LC is, in normal driving it’s never used except to try it.  I’m long past bothering to beat youngsters in their ST or similar at lights - let them have their fun, I know who’s in the better car ?.

Remember that from hitting the limiter you only have 4 seconds to release the brake otherwise the system aborts. To do it at the lights you would need pretty good anticipation of the lights changing. Almost in the Lewis class.

2 hours ago, NutsyH said:

To do it at the lights you would need pretty good anticipation of the lights changing.

Or just set it up when they turn red+amber? You're surely not going to do your 0-60 in sub 5 seconds away from the lights as soon as they go amber? :o You'd be well across the crossing before they'd even gone green - or more likely, ploughed straight into the side of the stragglers going across the lights on amber the other way!

So you might as well mash it on amber and by the time its green you will be moving even with the boggo PDK 

Might need a bit of 'practice' on Saturday 

11 minutes ago, John K said:

So you might as well mash it on amber and by the time its green you will be moving even with the boggo PDK 

Might need a bit of 'practice' on Saturday 

I’m hoping I can ‘practice’ my LC Sunday enroute to Haynes.  Leaving at 6.30. Dry  roads.  Warm car. Light traffic. ?

Remember get FastR installed. We need to see you on the leaderboard ?

Just remember to leave your PSM enabled!

Did a couple of full bore launch control starts today - bit of wheel spin after initial take off and then whoosh - not as head snapping as i expected and now I know it’s really easy to do ????

17 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Did a couple of full bore launch control starts today - bit of wheel spin after initial take off and then whoosh - not as head snapping as i expected and now I know it’s really easy to do ????

?

Timing?

I managed to get the car nice and warm on the way back from Haynes today. 

Went via the Somerset levels.  Nice, straight, smooth national speed roads. 

I can confirm my LC works fantastically well ?

It did not feel as if there was too much strain on the car, tried it twice.  

I didn’t manage to get a timing either @Mattman42 - I had the app running but with my sunglasses on, sun shining on screen and watching for cars approaching from behind I didn’t get a working time.  Oh well next time!

can you use the Chrono to do 0-60? i had a fiddle around but looks like its just lap timing

Was LC as violent as expected? i thought it was quite tame compared to the 458 launch control i did a few years back - that really threw you back in the seat

5 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

that really threw you back in the seat

Did you feel like you had been shunted up the rear..?

You could reset your Chrono to see what G it pulls at the same time.

I know my old Evo pulled over 1 G on braking and acceleration.  Best I got with a vbox attached 4.2s 0-60 and 19.2s 30-130 - all done at Bruntingthopre

Archived