Not a Wheel Spacer - that's a brake disc..!

John K

I will freely admit to having no knowledge of wheel spacers so when I went to ATS today to get my spurious NSF spacer removed (long story...)

So when I looked into the frunk to see what the guys had removed I was gob smacked...

It shows when you get into the world of 'proper cars' how much engineering steps up a gear.

What Porsche use as a spacer, most mainstream manufacturers would use as a brake disc..!

20180823_125522

At least it's hub centric and you can also see it's been made for more than one PCD pattern. 

46 minutes ago, Boxob said:

So is the o/s/f spacer still fitted? 

No...

At the last service I discovered it ONLY had a NSF spacer fitted. No idea where the other three are - possibly in the Winter Wheels.

So by removing this one, no spacers are on the car at all.

6 minutes ago, John K said:

No...

At the last service I discovered it ONLY had a NSF spacer fitted. No idea where the other three are - possibly in the Winter Wheels.

So by removing this one, no spacers are on the car at all.

Yes they can hold onto the wheels when the wheels are removed.  Have you noticed slightly lighter steering or a change in handling now?

1 minute ago, Boxob said:

Yes they can hold onto the wheels when the wheels are removed.  Have you noticed slightly lighter steering or a change in handling now?

Damn you for asking that :) I did go for a trundle to see if I could see a difference.

But knowing something had been changed on the car and that I am a suggestible as a blob of soft ear wax... I dunno I wouldn't trust my opinion 

5 minutes ago, Boxob said:

The last time I saw John all he seemed to do was drive in circles - I did wonder ?

45 minutes ago, rowbos said:

The last time I saw John all he seemed to do was drive in circles - I did wonder ?

Haha but a pull to the left would not have been a surprise given the wider track on one side!

Archived