987.1 key upgrade

Simon_R

Just had my keys refurbished & the quality & difference is very noticeable.

No more falling apart & no false pressing of the buttons whilst in your pockets. The cost was £40 per key & that included return signed for postage. A chap called Matt did them & he is contactable on 07525 733766 for details . No affiliation to him bar being a very happy customer. 

D918_BBC4_3_CE2_4260_A61_E_3_EE8_D37_E8_

8100_FC06_C659_4330_ADA5_92_DA29_A7104_E

I can vouch for the above. I got the contact details from Simon and sent my spare key, which was in a sorry state, to Matt.

The service was fast and efficient and the product is top quality. It feels much more solid than the scrawny original item. 

I’m sending my other key to get done next week.

18 minutes ago, Simon. said:

Didn’t want to risk fecking it up hence getting mine done by Matt. Not sure if the one linked is same body quality but I’m happy to have paid knowing that it’s done properly. 

Deffo, mine had superglue on the innards from an earlier attempt to fix it. Also, I tried to get a transponder out of a third spare fob I’ve got and it was nigh impossible.

• 3 months later...
On 9/18/2018 at 4:07 PM, Pezky said:

I bought what looks like the same key from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01I4P0IT0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Easy peasy to change over. Key blade just swaps over, just remember to take transponder out of old key

I changed over my key last week. New one is so much better, feels great. 

Only tricky bit was removing the old transponder, seemed to be stuck in with a full tube of superglue! Got there in the end though and was well worth the effort! 

10 minutes ago, Jonners said:

I changed over my key last week. New one is so much better, feels great. 

Only tricky bit was removing the old transponder, seemed to be stuck in with a full tube of superglue! Got there in the end though and was well worth the effort! 

Did you manage to swap over the Porsche badge easily as well?

Just now, pgk188 said:

Brilliant thanks, I'm ordering it right now. Thanks again.

No worries. 

Just take care removing the old parts from current key, you need the metal contacts for the battery which are a little fragile. Just take your time, watch the YouTube vids etc.

You'll probably end up destroying your old key in the process, I did! 

3 minutes ago, Jonners said:

No worries. 

Just take care removing the old parts from current key, you need the metal contacts for the battery which are a little fragile. Just take your time, watch the YouTube vids etc.

You'll probably end up destroying your old key in the process, I did! 

Ok, will do, thanks

On 1/16/2019 at 9:25 PM, pgk188 said:

Ok, will do, thanks

Key body arrived today - after half an hour of faffing about, all the gubbins changed from the old to the new body - and it works!!

Thanks again for the help.

5 hours ago, pgk188 said:

Key body arrived today - after half an hour of faffing about, all the gubbins changed from the old to the new body - and it works!!

Thanks again for the help.

Glad you got it sorted without any issues. Did you get the transponder out ok, that was the bit I found the trickiest! 

Happy with the finished job? 

6 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Glad you got it sorted without any issues. Did you get the transponder out ok, that was the bit I found the trickiest! 

Happy with the finished job? 

Yes, transponder was tricky, I used some glue/tar softener/remover, cut down the side of the old key case with a Stanley knife and prised it out with a small flat blade screwdriver.

And, yes, pleased with the finished article! (Car still starts!)

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Skidd said:

@Simon.

Where did you find 'Matt" from?  Slightly dubious about sending someone a key to my car, and a postal address for obvious reasons....

Is your car still in your posession? 🤐

Recommend by the chap who looks after my cars & a good friend purchased his 987 from Matt last year. 

I had the keys sent to my work as was easier, maybe do that if you can or to a relative / friends house if worried about disclosing your home address.  

Archived