986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

15 hours ago, Southy said:

result!

You confirmed your vehicle as:

MIG9865Red PORSCHE BOXSTER S

You are not subject to the ULEZ. 

You do not need to take any action. However, other charges may apply.

This is odd! My 2004 986 S does not comply! I need to pay...why would that be?!

so glad i up'd my budget and bought a euro 6 compliant (oct 2014) BMW diesel.

Some marques were early adopters, but it became law for manufacturer to sell only euro 6 diesels from September 2015.

Looks like a model year cut off somewhere as my 2000 S doesn't comply.  Cut off must be between 2000 and 2003 judging by posts so far but as the ULEZ checker is easy to use might not be worth putting too much effort in to nailing it down.

1 minute ago, highway said:

My 53 Boxster S is exempt. For the chap with the 04 car above, is it a 550? They had more power oem, maybe they have different emissions? Otherwise I’d suggest there must be an error somewhere...

Nope! Standard 2004 986 S. I'll live within the zone come 2021(Wandsworth) so looks like I'll need to upgrade the car in the next year or so! 

Still don't get why my car is non-compliant when identical spec year older ones are not! 

Anyone else on here have an '04 986 S and fancies checking if their car is compliant on the site?

My earlier jubilation may be short lived.......

This site claims to show the relevant data for our model from start to 2014 or thereabouts: 

http://www.emissionsfinder.com/manufacturer/porsche/model/boxster?page=4&ipp=25&#

Via this link the 2002 3.2s is shown as Euro3......

Then if you read this from the AA it suggests that it is unlikely that earlier cars will be compliant simply because of the dates the various Euro# ratings came into force:

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/fuels-environment/euro-emissions-standards

What's odd is that my V5C doesn't appear to show a Euro rating at all - there isn't even a blank labelled for it.  The V5C has the CO2 but nothing else - got to wonder where the TFL website is getting its data from.  

At the moment TFL's view suits me - but I cannot help but wonder what will happen if they're wrong and decide to backdate charges against their erroneous data.

7 hours ago, dpg123 said:

Nope! Standard 2004 986 S. I'll live within the zone come 2021(Wandsworth) so looks like I'll need to upgrade the car in the next year or so! 

Still don't get why my car is non-compliant when identical spec year older ones are not! 

Anyone else on here have an '04 986 S and fancies checking if their car is compliant on the site?

I think it's only hitting the top part of Wandsworth, if you live close to the river, tough luck. £12.50 per day is extremely harsh, especially on a Boxster, the exhaust fumes smell so good! https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ulez-where-and-when?intcmp=54312