Zunsport grills

JohnSyn

I found when I fitted mine (S not GTS) that sometimes you need to adjust the curve of them slightly to get them to fit properly. So offer them up in place, see where they're not quite fitting flush and then gently bend them by hand before trying again - usually only a few millimetres. I've seen some people online complaining about the need to do this, but to me it's inevitable with something that is basically handmade to a template. Having said that, I believe there have been occasions when they simply don't fit correctly. So if they look as if they're never going to fit into the correct place, I would suggest taking some photos with them as close as you can get them, to show where they overlap (or whatever), and emailing Zunsport about it - they seem pretty good at rectifying issues like this.

4 hours ago, fat haggis said:

Not got a GTS (well the back lights Are gts😁) you havre to be firm with them mate.

Thanks. As say I have fitted them before but for some reason the centre one wont go in.

4 hours ago, Jon61 said:

I found when I fitted mine (S not GTS) that sometimes you need to adjust the curve of them slightly to get them to fit properly. So offer them up in place, see where they're not quite fitting flush and then gently bend them by hand before trying again - usually only a few millimetres. I've seen some people online complaining about the need to do this, but to me it's inevitable with something that is basically handmade to a template. Having said that, I believe there have been occasions when they simply don't fit correctly. So if they look as if they're never going to fit into the correct place, I would suggest taking some photos with them as close as you can get them, to show where they overlap (or whatever), and emailing Zunsport about it - they seem pretty good at rectifying issues like this.

Thanks Jon. I have tried 'adjusting' them but stopped as it was getting dark and cold and I was not in the best of moods! Going to try again next weekend hopefully when I've plenty of time!

8 hours ago, Gutley said:

Yeah. That’s  similar to when i did my 987. You have to jab the ‘hooks’ with a screwdriver

Yes that's what I did with the other cars when I've fitted them. However on this car I just cannot seem to get it to go. I think four hands would help!

4 minutes ago, That986 said:

Fitted one to the front of the MX and that took some pushing and more force than i was happy with, works well though now it's in place.

Tried the brute force method but didn't seem to work, although my brute force may be a little jaded now!

8 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

This may help John?

Thanks Mike, yes I watched that avidly! When I try to fix mine when you come to push in the grill, so you only have to bend the clip over, the other end of the grill moves and you cannot position the end you are trying to secure. I was trying to do it on the quick Saturday evening as it was getting dark. Couldn't try yesterday, family duties, so will try again next Saturday!

3 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Tried the brute force method but didn't seem to work, although my brute force may be a little jaded now!

Yup, i had to resort to 2 screwdrivers in the end. One levering the grille, one pushing the tab. 

10 hours ago, That986 said:

Yup, i had to resort to 2 screwdrivers in the end. One levering the grille, one pushing the tab. 

Ah...hadn't thought of using two screwdrivers! This may work!

• 2 months later...

I’ve had the front outer grilles since October last year and just got around to fitting them.

I say fitting them but no matter how much manipulation and brute force I cannot get the hook to clip behind the parking sensor. Chucked them back in the box and emailed Zunsport...

• 8 months later...

If fitting to the (981) GTS, I would recommend using 2 looped small/thin zip-ties top, centre, as a safety-tether.

it should be easy enough to do this and hide the  zip ties from general view - may require a tiny pilot-hole drilling in the hidden upper section of the opening - deeper in from the front of the opening so well out of view. 

I had the misfortune of losing my Centre grille after correctly installing the entire 5 piece set for the front of my BGTS.

Zunsport were excellent and sent me a replacement Centre section no question, but I’ve used the above method to ensure if for some reason said replacement pops out, it won’t fall out onto the road and be lost.

Archived