Can't fault Aplan

2 hours ago, mark_j70 said:

Top marks to these guys'. Answered phone straight away, mirrored my NCD (saved me £300) and bettered my defender quote. Refreshing and very pleasant to deal with. 

That's good to know - as will hopefully be looking for a company to mirror my NCD when I find my car - seem to remember they were the cheapest insurance for my first car - a lovely and very black manta with blacked out back lights - used to get stopped by Mr Plod quite regularly because they thought the lights were illegal - always had to let me go because they weren't :bana: 

• 3 weeks later...

Mirror my NCD and came in at £300 on the boxster with 5000 miles and including all the add ons and £270 on the Fiesta doing 8000 miles - very good considering Box and Fiesta not garaged and had a car park bump last year where I only took out the back light on a Merc - no damage to mine - £4425 !!

• 7 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 3:27 PM, Malcolm E Box said:

I agree that the people there are great. Just a shame they are so uncompetitive.

Thanks everyone! Glad to hear you're happy members of the A-Team ;)

Malcolm, its worth trying each time at renewal as the insurance schemes do change so we may not be competitive one year but spot on for you the following year... We can't win them all every time even if we'd like to lol

Make sure you're calling Thatcham Branch though as we are the only branch with club discount so it makes all the difference. 01635 874646 

Carlie

6 hours ago, A-Plan Insurance said:

Thanks everyone! Glad to hear you're happy members of the A-Team ;)

Malcolm, its worth trying each time at renewal as the insurance schemes do change so we may not be competitive one year but spot on for you the following year... We can't win them all every time even if we'd like to lol

Make sure you're calling Thatcham Branch though as we are the only branch with club discount so it makes all the difference. 01635 874646 

Carlie

Every year for the last 5 years you have been at least a £1000 too expensive. Which is a shame as you used to be spot on.

House insurance is now going the same way too.

I whole heartedly agree that A-Plan are great. They were actually very competitive when I insured my Cayman (about the same price as one of the better "Compare the Market" quotes) but even if they had been marginally more expensive (hopefully they won't read this and ramp up my renewal next year ;) ), I probably would still have chosen them - Actually being able to speak to an intelligent, rational human being is almost priceless. I'm planning to insure my other car with them when it comes up for renewal.

Also they appear to be one of the few brokers that can offer trackday cover. When I discussed the same with Adrian Flux last year, I had to spend about 20 minutes just explaining what a trackday was (they initially seemed to think that I was asking about taking my Boxster offroading).

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 8:32 AM, Malcolm E Box said:

Every year for the last 5 years you have been at least a £1000 too expensive. Which is a shame as you used to be spot on.

House insurance is now going the same way too.

That's a shame 😞 do make sure you try us in Thatcham every year though as insurers do change their criteria all the time, as much as we'd love to win them all that's not always possible even though we try lol

Worth checking your details too at renewal, people forget to tell us they've changed jobs for example and little things can effect a quote. 

Carlie

On 11/27/2019 at 10:13 AM, Lennym1984 said:

I whole heartedly agree that A-Plan are great. They were actually very competitive when I insured my Cayman (about the same price as one of the better "Compare the Market" quotes) but even if they had been marginally more expensive (hopefully they won't read this and ramp up my renewal next year ;) ), I probably would still have chosen them - Actually being able to speak to an intelligent, rational human being is almost priceless. I'm planning to insure my other car with them when it comes up for renewal.

Also they appear to be one of the few brokers that can offer trackday cover. When I discussed the same with Adrian Flux last year, I had to spend about 20 minutes just explaining what a trackday was (they initially seemed to think that I was asking about taking my Boxster offroading).

Fingers crossed we can be competitive on your 2nd car too 😊🤞

Track day insurance is worth discussing at renewal as we don't just offer individual track day cover but can attach bundles at renewal which can save a lot of money if you're planning on doing 2 or more 

Carlie

• 2 months later...
On 11/27/2019 at 10:13 AM, Lennym1984 said:

I have just renewed the insurance on my Cayman with A Plan.  The cover they could offer to meet my needs and their service on the phone was better than others could offer.  Similar price to others.  I also took out my Monaro insurance with them, same reasons.

Many thanks to Chris for finding the cover I was looking for at an acceptable price.

21 hours ago, TrevTee said:

I have just renewed the insurance on my Cayman with A Plan.  The cover they could offer to meet my needs and their service on the phone was better than others could offer.  Similar price to others.  I also took out my Monaro insurance with them, same reasons.

Many thanks to Chris for finding the cover I was looking for at an acceptable price.

Thanks TrevTee! I'll let Chris Sheen know about your comments :)
Carlie

Archived