986 3 button key repair?

Patt

Gents any recommendations of somewhere to send their keys to have new cases and switches (if required) ??

Search engine brings up 100s of threads but after 30mins of clicking broken links - I've decided to start a thread.

Not for mine, a guy at work daughter has a 986

TIA

There are a few on ebay offering this service for £30 to £40, no idea of the quality but seem to get good reviews.

@Patt got mine repaired @ keyfobrepairs.co.uk they are in palmers green London. New micro switches & case for £35. Some other people I know have had Renault keys/card repaired there. My repair has been top notch.

Not sure of the 986, but I know people prefer the 987.2 to the 987.1 case, partly it's softer so doesn't crack, partly the buttons are better recessed so it doesn't accidently open your car when you sit on it.

44 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Not sure of the 986, but I know people prefer the 987.2 to the 987.1 case, partly it's softer so doesn't crack, partly the buttons are better recessed so it doesn't accidently open your car when you sit on it.

I don't remember there being any difference.

54 minutes ago, T911UK said:

3 button case 99663735100  £11.73 from OPC

complete with crest on the back? that's cheap for OEM

23 hours ago, T911UK said:

3 button case 99663735100  £11.73 from OPC

£11.73? sounds like they have reduced the cost, who would have thought Porsche would come over all accommodating :laugh:

I  put a post on this a couple of years back when I had a problem with my remote. I lost the guy’s number but if you look up my post I sure I put his details. He repaired the remote it lasted about a year then I had to resort to buying a new unit in fact bought two from Porsche East London. I don’t think i got change from £300.

Regards,

Martin

I just looked up my previous post and I used Remote key repairs of Pickerings Yorkshire.

07400 856474

Regards,

Martin

Archived