Bose amp

Mark Hunt

Hi. I have to replace my Bose  most amp on my 2004 986 I have seen one for sale my amp part number is 

996.645.332.05       Amp4166 most 9x6 rhd

the one on sale is

996.645.332.01      Amp4116 most 9x6 rhd

the numbers differ in the last two i.e .05 and.01 does anyone know if there are compatible, and if I fit a new amp will Porsche have to code it to the ecu

thanks Mark

What's wrong with the current one?  It might be repairable - I had mine fixed after water damage.  Whether it's economical or not depends on the price of the amp (a new one for mine was £7-800 so the £200 to repair made sense).

Is there any way of checking the Bose amp for all outputs?

I feel mine is lacking bass & it’s had a change of Bose rear shelf speaker under extended warranty, but to be honest it sounds the same & I couldn’t be arsed to try & argue with the OPC at the time. I’m wondering if it’s amp related now... Basically there is hardly any bass that comes from the rear shelf speaker, yet I thought it was supposed to be a sub box??

On 5/31/2019 at 10:45 PM, Boxstercol said:

Is there any way of checking the Bose amp for all outputs?

I feel mine is lacking bass & it’s had a change of Bose rear shelf speaker under extended warranty, but to be honest it sounds the same & I couldn’t be arsed to try & argue with the OPC at the time. I’m wondering if it’s amp related now... Basically there is hardly any bass that comes from the rear shelf speaker, yet I thought it was supposed to be a sub box??

I believe there is a mid range and a woofer each side of the rear speaker box, there's certainly not much in the high range from the rear. If you play around with fade it should be pretty easy to nailed down which speakers are missing sound. The base from the rears isn't very good to be honest, it's kind of manufactured base rather the decent naturally sounding base you get from the door speakers. 

You could also check the speaker plug is fully secure by putting the hood in the service position.

If you forward to about 1:15 in this video you'll see the plug.

5 hours ago, GmanB said:

You could also check the speaker plug is fully secure by putting the hood in the service position.

If you forward to about 1:15 in this video you'll see the plug.

Thanks.

Connections are all fine, even playing with the settings on the head unit doesn’t really improve things much. With the fader on to the rear it sounds proper cr*p with no bass whatsoever, reminds me of an old radio.

If you change the settings on your head unit so that the fader is completely to the rear, do you hear much bass?

Archived