How low can you go...

golfprorich

I would imagine it would it will either be on coils or air but for something that low I would guess that it is on air and can be raised for driving 

just the static stance is very low 

does look 👌

It looks stunning, but would I build or own it,  nah. Lots of my friends are into the stanced/fitment scene with air-ride and £2k+ custom wheels etc. All very perfectionist when done right, but it’s sure become a band wagon of late. Those wheels look like very expensive stepped BBS RS with custom dishes and gold plated hardware. I would say it’s definitely not “static” on coilovers, and most likely to be on air (the done thing in the scene), possibly hydraulics. 

There were a couple of extra buttons by the stereo so I guess they were for the ride height. I just loved the colour, no idea if it's a Porsche colour?

The Porsche Club racing was good, on the Indy circuit the 997s barely had any advantage over the 987s 😁

10 minutes ago, map said:

Think this has been around for while and if it’s the one I think it then I really like it. 

Loving those wheels !

1 minute ago, CAZ said:

Loving those wheels !

Originally (assuming it’s the one I think it is) it was running some lovely Rotiforms.

It’s a great colour and had a huge amount of effort put into it. 

Good work. Whoever you are. 

I saw it too. Not sure whether i like it or not but couldn't understand why someone had such a nice paint job and fancy wheels whilst keeping the thoroughly crappy interior which completely spoiled the overall effect.

Overall a good day out, despite 3 hour trek.  First race track i've ever been to; Brands is apparently one of the better ones with views of large sections of track from certain vantage points. Not a big motor racing fan but interesting to have access to the pits where we were able to talk to the guys from Bournemouth OPC who sponsor and look after the Restoracing leader and its driver:

iebWiAo.jpg

OwnHGLO.jpg

3ou3vqs.jpg

pzv5ExV.jpg

This caught my eye too...one for @Gutley (different take on Betty)  and for Unicorn fans  @Stuart21UK, @Sazzy, @John K, @Mattman42

M6qkwf9.jpg

4 minutes ago, myfirstboxster said:

Iz you a gangsta ? 

No....... but I could be a gangsters moll😊

I like the wheels too but they forgot to fit the correct tyres !!

Profile not right and they have gone for the ridiculous stretched tyre chavtastic look 😮

1 minute ago, NSS said:

I like the wheels too but they forgot to fit the correct tyres !!

Profile not right and they have gone for the ridiculous stretched tyre chavtastic look 😮

Us women only look at the shiny things.... we are drawn to them like diamonds 💎🤪

26 minutes ago, rowbos said:

What happened to equal opportunities?   You could be a gangster ;)

Donna Caz...

Donna Kebab more like - but only if I’ve had too much tia Maria - besides - Gangsta doesn’t sit well with my Reiki 😊

21 hours ago, Jason986S said:

It looks stunning, but would I build or own it,  nah. Lots of my friends are into the stanced/fitment scene with air-ride and £2k+ custom wheels etc. All very perfectionist when done right, but it’s sure become a band wagon of late. Those wheels look like very expensive stepped BBS RS with custom dishes and gold plated hardware. I would say it’s definitely not “static” on coilovers, and most likely to be on air (the done thing in the scene), possibly hydraulics. 

If i remember right it's on bags. I won't go into how good air ride is now because it falls on deaf ears most of the time. 

Personally i wouldn't do that to a 986 as they're great driving cars out of the box (see what i did there) but each to their own. Looks well executed to me. Tyres aren't stupidly stretched compared to what i've seen (and personally run) in the past, fitment is nicely flush and it looks clean. 

No, just no... :flush:

For me the current height / wheel / arch ratio is bob on.

This is very wrong. Boxsters or any Porsche are designed and built to be driven. Even on inflated bags this thing will handle like a bag of shyate on a skateboard.

If you want to do this get a Ricer or 76 Chevy Impala...

Archived