987 Black Edition Register - UK

Jonttt

kEBo3eO.jpg

Rare cars need a register 😎

This is something I did for limited edition BMW successfully albeit BMW are more proactive in providing / confirming informaiton than Porsche (who won't tell you a thing). I don't know how many officially where made for the UK market (C16) or what spec each had (other than they where black lol) so I thought I would start off a database to capture that data by car........

Most of the data will inevitably come from cars for sale on Autotrader etc.... and I will try to keep an eye out for these but if you own one or see one for sale not on the list please let me know the specs.....I will try to keep the first post updated with the latest data as it builds 👍

ps this thread can also be used for all things 987 Black Edition ie cars for sale etc....if you do post up links be careful they don;t include you full postcode ie just staing xxxxx for sale on Autotrader should be enough 😉

Edited by Jonttt

lol, I know, probably close to 10% of the UK stock .......hopefully the owners on here will confirm their edition number and spec for me to update the table 😉

21 hours ago, Jonttt said:

kEBo3eO.jpg

Rare cars need a register 😎

This is something I did for limited edition BMW successfully albeit BMW are more proactive in providing / confirming information than Porsche (who won't tell you a thing). I don't know how many officially where made for the UK market (C16) or what spec each had (other than they were black lol) so I thought I would start off a database to capture that data by car........

Most of the data will inevitably come from cars for sale on Autotrader etc.... and I will try to keep an eye out for these but if you own one or see one for sale not on the list please let me know the specs.....I will try to keep the first post updated with the latest data as it builds 👍

ps this thread can also be used for all things 987 Black Edition ie cars for sale etc....if you do post up links be careful the don't include your full postcode ie just stating xxxxx for sale on Autotrader should be enough 😉

According to ...

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=porsche+boxster+black+edition&commit=Search#

85 in total registered between 2010 - 2011 and 78 manual and auto of that era still registered?

Mine is number 232/987 and has everything I wanted - PDK, PSE, Heated Sports Seats, SC+, Bose, Sport Design Steering Wheel, Park Assist Rear, Guards Red Seat belts, Telephone Module.  No PASM...

Edited by rowbos

On 8/14/2019 at 2:32 PM, Menoporsche said:

Jon please can you correct "concole"?

It stresses me so much, I need concoling...

if we are going to start on that - can we remove the random Capital letter generator as well please?

9 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

if we are going to start on that - can we remove the random Capital letter generator as well please?

Ah, that is my trademark 😎

24 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

Hi where is the link to the table please?

doesnt seem to work on my ipad

thanks 

ash

It should just show as an image on the post 

Can you add mine please, won’t let me edit for some reason.

Porsche Boxster Black Edition Number 855/987

27,000 on clock as of now 

Delivered / Registered 5th Nov 2011

Build Options (from original invoice)

- Sports Seats with crested headrests

- Seat Belts in Guards Red

- Top Tint Windscreen

- Floor Mats

- Heated Seats 

- Sports Chrono Plus with Sports Wheel and paddles etc

- Telephone Module for PCM

- Bose Surround System

- Park Assist Rear

- PDK Gearbox

- Lid of Storage Bin with logo 

- Sports Exhaust System (PSE)

Thanks

Ash

On 8/10/2019 at 10:11 AM, Jonttt said:

very nice Black Edition for sale on Autotrader #480, PDK, fully loaded (on the register above) c40k miles and £26,500 from a dealer.........

cheap! or has the bottom fallen out of this limited edition market?

On 8/14/2019 at 11:45 AM, Jonttt said:

oops forgot to add a car....

BFM7Xfw.jpg

Were full leather heated sports seats with crests not standard spec on these cars? Same for BOSE?

36 minutes ago, CliveH said:

Were full leather heated sports seats with crests not standard spec on these cars? Same for BOSE?

Sports seats weren’t standard no, crest may well have been i am not sure to be honest. 

i did think Bose was standard but I have the original sales invoice and Bose is an optional extra on that so I am not sure. 

In order to save confusion I have added a summary of the options over an "S" version which where standard on the Black Edition. These include (so far as I can tell) "Sports Seats" which I think where standard on an "S" so do not appear on the options list fitted to a Black Edition ie mine has them as does every other black edition I have seen bar one which has the multifuntion memory seats. From the 2011 boxster brochure there where 4 seats options available:

- comfort

- Sport

- Memory 

- Bucket

My table is not intended to show all options fitted to a black edition eg all seem to have parking control (sensors). Mine has the enhanced telephone module but the problem with that is you cannot "see it" on pics etc.... You could argue the same with heated seats which I have included and at the moment every one seems to have that option ticked, I may remove that in the future (I included it as you won't believe the number of 981's that don't have it and it does affect resale). The notes section is meant to just document any personalised optoins fitted such as red seat belts etc.....

I hope that makes more sense and am happy to be corrected re the seats but that is the only explanation which makes sense to me based on both actual cars and my research so far 😉

aXVfKWR.jpg

ps I should also state that as this forum does not allow posts to be edited after a short time there is no way for me to update the original table each time. I therefore have to put it on a new post on the thread. As I update the table and post it I delete the old pics from IMGUR which means it will no longer show on older posts (thats why someone said they could not see it, you have to find the latest one in a later post). I hope that makes sense, its so much easier on other forums where I can simply update the original post but I understand why this policy is put in place.

Edited by Jonttt

Site Contributors can edit after some time.  I might have heard a rumour that editing the same post more than X times is not accepted / generates an error.  So I think your policy is fine.

I think now you just need a mod to adjust your original post from "I will try to keep the first post updated" to "Please look towards the end of this thread for the latest version", or similar.

Mmm I’m still not 100% convinced they where an extra ie Porsche normally offer the comfort seats as a no cost option when sports seats are standard so you will get the odd one with them ?