987 Black Edition Register - UK

Jonttt

Phew, thanks for everyones help confirming what was standard and optional on the Black Edition. Mine has sports seats and I did not even know they where an option lol

I have now been back through each car to establish if sports seats where fitted or not......and yes there are a few without ! There are x2 cars I have not tracked back down, I think these may be members cars on here if they can confirm spec.

I have also added parking sensors to the main option list, I thought, like heated seats, that every car would have these fitted but I found one without.

So the current register looks like this.....

21bmoRQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Jonttt said:

Thanks, a couple of new ones on there I had not found 

ps 083 does have sports seats and 035 is exactly the same spec as mine 037, spooky 

No problem, I wasn’t sure about 083 as I could see the perfect angle but I couldn’t see the shoulder wing bits in one of the distance photos which is why I came to that conclusion. 

There is more I am sure I just searched Porsche 987 black edition on google and opened up the advert ones. I didn’t go that far in the results so I am sure you could add more too your list :) 

Full leather doesn’t seem that common so it's great you have that on yours as it’s a lovely option to have. 

On 8/16/2019 at 5:29 PM, Jonttt said:

I have I375 & I376 Sports Seat, backrest Shell, Left/Right but not P77 as per the price list.

So the question is still up for debate, are sports seats standard on the Black Edition ?

Interesting debate this. I have the same situation and I see that 375 and 376 are “standard options”, does that mean no cost? If so, it’s a no brainer and I can understand why it was a popular option.

I have never seen one (in the flesh or for sale) without the full leather heated sports seats with the crested headrests but clearly the option codes suggest otherwise and the brochure shows half leather standard seats with the crests. These are in mine (also heated):

Sports seat

@Jonttt please add my car to the register. It is number 847.

I had believed that the only factory fitted options to the already high spec of this car were PDK, sport chrono plus, and full extended leather (to dash and doors), but judging from the options sticker below it seems there are others (as well as the sports seats).

BE options

So please add these in the comments of the register as you see fit. I have figured out all the options from your lists apart from C16 - anyone know what that is?

If you are including any retrofits, the following genuine Porsche parts have been retrofitted to the car:

Cayman R exhaust

987 Spyder suspension

987 Spyder front splitter

Red seat belts

Edited by CliveH

Thank you, I will add and update as above. I’m in France for a week now so will have to wait a week or so 😉

Re the query over C16 above that is standard Porsche country code for the UK ie you will often see classic Porsche’s advertised as C16 cars which means they where made of the RHD UK market and are not an import from other RHD regions. It’s important in the classics market as you lose the accident history with none C16, therefore imported RHD cars.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I am another Black Edition owner. Car has 19k miles, PDK, PASM and is absolutely mint with full PPF. Was my wife’s car, she has upgraded so I have taken it as a hobby car. Just waiting for it to come back from 9e where it has been treated to front lower arms, rear toe kit, full geo, IPD competition plenum with 82mm TB, Carnewal manifold mod with 200 cell cats, DSC suspension controller, BMC air filter and a custom map. They are just finishing the map but looks like the car has picked up around 30 hp and reduced the 60 to 100 time by half a second, plus sounding much better and planted handling wise. Can’t wait!

On 11/11/2019 at 7:05 PM, hopz121 said:

Very cheap one for sale on eBay at the moment which looks a good buy for someone.... looks like prices are dropping if that is HPI clear

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133236482337

That one has been for sale since July, slowly drifting down in price, I think it was c£24 originally ie it was very similar in mileage to the one I bought at the time but lower spec and slightly more expensive. Priced about right now with the mileage IMHO 

9 hours ago, TonyR said:

Hi all

I am another Black Edition owner. Car has 19k miles, PDK, PASM and is absolutely mint with full PPF. Was my wife’s car, she has upgraded so I have taken it as a hobby car. Just waiting for it to come back from 9e where it has been treated to front lower arms, rear toe kit, full geo, IPD competition plenum with 82mm TB, Carnewal manifold mod with 200 cell cats, DSC suspension controller, BMC air filter and a custom map. They are just finishing the map but looks like the car has picked up around 30 hp and reduced the 60 to 100 time by half a second, plus sounding much better and planted handling wise. Can’t wait!

Sounds good, can you confirm the number on the plaque if you want it adding to the register ? Also full spec eg

- PSE, PASM, Sport Chrono, BOSE, parking sensors, full leather, sports seats, climate, parking sensors, sports/multi function wheel and any addons eg carbon, painted console, etc.... ? Pics would be good as we can pick most spec up from them. 

Interested to see how you get on with the TB/manifold/plenum mods after a remap. You will find the DSC makes a massive difference to the PASM, especially in sport mode 😉

Will take pics when she is back. I took the DSC off my 997.2RS before J sold it. It made a material difference to that car on and off circuit. That had more carbon and Alcantara on it than one could imagine. Desperately resisting the spend on the Boxster!

2 hours ago, TonyR said:

Will take pics when she is back. I took the DSC off my 997.2RS before J sold it. It made a material difference to that car on and off circuit. That had more carbon and Alcantara on it than one could imagine. Desperately resisting the spend on the Boxster!

Believe me I can imagine a lot of carbon lol

10 hours ago, TonyR said:

I don't want to derail this thread, but do you have any pics? New thread perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

Well the car is transformed in every respect especially the handling. Probably how I expected the car to be from the factory. Gone is the understeer replaces with a meaty steering feel and precision in all the corners plus a lot of grip everywhere. Suspension harshness also gone thanks to the DSC unit. Power feels significantly up throughout the Rev range. Only disappointment is I still think it’s too quiet so looking at a PSE retrofit now  

• 1 month later...

First one for a while has come up on Pistonheads, one owner 15k miles £30k no260, spec listed:

Basalt Black Metallic paint.
*Full Black leather interior (hard to tell from pics but I don’t think it has the full leather option fitted)
*PDK 7 Speed Transmission.
*19 inch Boxster Spyder Alloy wheel upgrade.
*PCM 3 Touchscreen Navigation / SAT NAV.
*Bluetooth Phone connectivity.
*ASK Sound System.
*Universal Audio Interface.
*Sports Chrono Package Plus.
*Electric Sports Seats. 
*Heated Front Seats.
*Sports / PDK Steering Wheel.
*Adaptive Bi-Xenon headlights with wash.
*PSM (Porsche Stability Management).
*Wind Deflector.
*Cruise Control.
*Electronic Climate Control (High).
*Porsche Crested Headrests.
*Porsche Crested Colour Centre Caps.
*Black Edition Gloss black interior trim.
*Gloss Black Roll Over bars.
*Sports Tailpipes in Black.
*Front and side air Intakes in Black.
*Instrument Dials in Black.
*Black Edition Door Entry Guards in stainless steel. 
*LED Daytime Driving lights.
*LED Rear Brake lights.
*Rain Sensor.
*Windscreen with top tint.
*VTS Tracker.
*Fitted Matts.

It also has rear parking sensors

I’ll update the register when I get a chance 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Another has come up on autotrader......details for me to add to the table when I get chance....

No754

PDK

Sport Seats Yes

Seat heating Yes

full leather ?

Chrono Yes

PASM no

PSE Yes

Park assist Yes

BOSE Yes

No260 first posted above is showing as deposit taken on £30k advertised price, 15k miles

PDK

Sport Seats Yes

Seat heating Yes

full leather No

Chrono Yes

PASM no

PSE No

Park assist Yes

BOSE Yes

• 2 weeks later...

A private sale has hit autotrader.........

No731

PDK

Sport Seats Yes

Seat heating Yes

full leather No

Chrono Yes

PASM no

PSE no

Park assist Yes

BOSE Yes

red seat belts

Another one has hit pistonheads for sale......I'll get chance to update the register table at some point lol.......but as a reminder to myself from the sales blurb (nb no pics up yet to check spec)....

We are offering the market a stunning limited edition 2011 Porsche Boxster 3.4 S Black Edition. Finished gloss black with black sports seats. The vehicle is supplied with a full Porsche service history, owners manuals and leather book pack. This vehicle comes fitted with £10089 worth of optional extras from factory which include: Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK), Porsche communications management with extended navigation module, bi-xenon headlights with dynamic cornering lights, wheels painted in exterior colour, sport chrono plus package, telephone module, sports package plus inc CD storage box, automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor, fully auto climate control, park assist, cruise control, seat heating, PDK 3 spoke sports steering wheel with shift paddles, wind deflector, door entry guards in stainless steel, seat belts in silver grey, Porsche crest embossed on head restraints, universal audio interface, floor mats with nubuck edging and embroidered Porsche logo, top tinted windscreen. An impressive list of optional extras and this particular Black Edition is number 674 of 987 ever made

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 12:17 PM, Jonttt said:

Another one has hit pistonheads for sale......I'll get chance to update the register table at some point lol.......but as a reminder to myself from the sales blurb (nb no pics up yet to check spec)....

We are offering the market a stunning limited edition 2011 Porsche Boxster 3.4 S Black Edition. Finished gloss black with black sports seats. The vehicle is supplied with a full Porsche service history, owners manuals and leather book pack. This vehicle comes fitted with £10089 worth of optional extras from factory which include: Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK), Porsche communications management with extended navigation module, bi-xenon headlights with dynamic cornering lights, wheels painted in exterior colour, sport chrono plus package, telephone module, sports package plus inc CD storage box, automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor, fully auto climate control, park assist, cruise control, seat heating, PDK 3 spoke sports steering wheel with shift paddles, wind deflector, door entry guards in stainless steel, seat belts in silver grey, Porsche crest embossed on head restraints, universal audio interface, floor mats with nubuck edging and embroidered Porsche logo, top tinted windscreen. An impressive list of optional extras and this particular Black Edition is number 674 of 987 ever made

Pics up now so spec

Pdk

Sports seats

Not full leather

Heated seats

None bode

Sport chrono

No pse

No pasm

Parking sensors

Sport chrono

Cruise

Hi @Jonttt

Just seen this thread for the first time.

Mine is No. 261 if you want too add it to the list Mate. It's a Manual with just short of 98,000 miles on her right now.

I'll look up the full spec but the extras from memory She has are :-

Full Leather, Heated Sports seats with Crests

Sport chrono

PASM

Parking sensors

Bose

Cruise

Edited by John T
PASM not PSM - Doh !