987 Black Edition Register - UK

Jonttt

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

don't cross the streams.........  😲

Not sure what that means tbh. Just thought with other posts linking ebay motors, i saw this and thought I would drop it in here.

14 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Not sure what that means tbh. Just thought with other posts linking ebay motors, i saw this and thought I would drop it in here.

He meant the link was to a 981 Black Edition, not 987...

18 minutes ago, rowbos said:

He meant the link was to a 981 Black Edition, not 987...

yes, sorry, i was getting over excited about using a useless film quote that i have retained in my brain while useful information has fallen by the wayside :)

Doh! My bad, apologies 

I know redline pretty well having bought a few cars off them ........they would not normally touch a car as old as a 987 so the original post did pique my interest lol........they did however buy my unique / rare AC Schnitzer S54 Z3m roadster (2001) off me a few years ago for what is still a UK record (by some margin) for any Z3 (including the usually more expensive coupe’s)

• 1 month later...

There has not been a black edition for sale for a while but one has come up today on Autotrader.......no480.........its a very well specced PDK but does not have Sport Seats whihc is unusual for a Black Edition as most have them specced ...... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 9:37 PM, CliveH said:

@Jonttt please add my car to the register. It is number 847.

I had believed that the only factory fitted options to the already high spec of this car were PDK, sport chrono plus, and full extended leather (to dash and doors), but judging from the options sticker below it seems there are others (as well as the sports seats).

BE options

So please add these in the comments of the register as you see fit. I have figured out all the options from your lists apart from C16 - anyone know what that is?

If you are including any retrofits, the following genuine Porsche parts have been retrofitted to the car:

Cayman R exhaust

987 Spyder suspension

987 Spyder front splitter

Red seat belts

Mine is still missing from your register Jon.

Since the above post, I have also fitted the following Porsche parts (if you are including OEM retrofits):

991 GT2 carbon fibre bucket seats (just like the 987 Spyder/Cayman R ones but heated and with headrest crests)

GT3 RS door pulls (not for the weight saving, as there is none, but because I think they look cool and I managed the job without breaking anything!)

987 Spyder/Cayman R PDK gear selector (same but with red accents)

997 GT3 82mm throttle body (OK, it needed an IPD plenum to make it fit which isn't Porsche but you can't see that)

7 hours ago, CliveH said:

Since the above post, I have also fitted the following Porsche parts (if you are including OEM retrofits):

991 GT2 carbon fibre bucket seats (just like the 987 Spyder/Cayman R ones but heated and with headrest crests)

GT3 RS door pulls (not for the weight saving, as there is none, but because I think they look cool and I managed the job without breaking anything!)

997 GT3 82mm throttle body (OK, it needed an IPD plenum to make it fit which isn't Porsche but you can't see that)

Sounds interesting Clive, I look forward to some pictures but it sounds epic.

Cant help wondering if you’ve been bank robbing while in lockdown to pay for all this stuff 😂👍

2 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Cant help wondering if you’ve been bank robbing while in lockdown to pay for all this stuff

They don’t call me Robin Banks for nothing 😀

11 hours ago, CliveH said:

Sorry must have missed it........I’ll hopefully get chance to add it tomorrow ....I’ll make a note of the OEM Mods but throttle body does not count if not fitted 😉

Edited by Jonttt

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Boxster Peter said:

Hi All,

I'm the proud owner of #414 since May 2019. I see that 414 has made your list and I'd like to amend two of the details based on the option codes - 025, 342, 567, 635 (Park Assist) , 640 (sports Chrono), 666 and 767. 

Thanks,

Peter 

Thanks Peter, congrats on the purchase and thanks for providing the options codes.......I’ll update the table as soon as I can 😉

I am reliant on looking at pics to “spot” the options and parking sensors are easy to miss if pictures are not great.....not sure how I missed sports chrono though lol

Hi JonTTT,

I bought #414 from Motor House in Shipley, just outside Bradford. It was a close call for me between #414 and ... the one your bought! I took yours for a test drive on 29th June and loved the PSE and all the toys, PASM, PDK, Sports Chrono etc but just couldn't go for a 60,000 miles car when #414 had done 27,000 miles for same money. For me, #414 as a manual made the difference.  So I read your thread on here and 911uk with interest as I would of been doing some of the things that you did. On the strength of your write-up, my most recent purchased is a trombone cleaner to keep the drains clear. Like you rear spoiler too! I'm glad she went to a good home with you and in your care. 

Thats cool.......just found the advert.......https://www.motorhousecars.com/detail/680634/used-porsche-boxster-3-4-s-black-edition-2dr-shipley......looks lovely....no idea how I missed the sport chrono from those pics lol........

....my car had actually sold (I found out when enquiring why it had had the MOT done the week before) but the buyer pulled out as he wanted them to change the rusty discs (which passed the MOT fine but cosmetically let the car down)......I’m a great believer in there is a car for everyone and looks like we both got what we wanted ie I had come from a low mileage 981GTS and wanted something with higher mileage I did not need to be so precious about knocks or putting on mileage but I wanted all of the toys........just wish I could drive it a bit more at the moment, nothing is quite lining up every time I want to drive it lol.........hopefully first Porsche meet since Covid (well maybe the odd lambo) this weekend will give it a good run out 😉

Edited by Jonttt