987 Black Edition Register - UK

Jonttt

New one on Autotrader, low mileage one owner and looks a good spec but unfortunately no detail pictures of the centre dash to confirm PASM / PSE and no mention in description.....

No 095 with 28,682 miles and £28.995 Private Seller.........retail price without warranty is probably pushing ?

PDK

Full leather

Sport Chrono

Parking sensors

BOSE

Sport Seats

PASM ??

PSE ??

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 10:45 PM, Jonttt said:

New one on Autotrader, low mileage one owner and looks a good spec but unfortunately no detail pictures of the centre dash to confirm PASM / PSE and no mention in description.....

No 095 with 28,682 miles and £28.995 Private Seller.........retail price without warranty is probably pushing ?

PDK

Full leather

Sport Chrono

Parking sensors

BOSE

Sport Seats

PASM ??

PSE ??

After looking at the images it has either PSE or PASM but not both.

The panel has 2 spare slots 

It will have sports, sports plus, PSE or PASM, gap, gap, spoiler up/down, Traction Control

If i was guessing id say it was PSE as the button text looks larger than the shock symbol but i can't be sure, it doesn't have both though i am sure of that :)

Similar spec to ours, hopefully prices stay strong :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Porsche Cardiff have a BE PDK up for sale listed at £35k be interesting to see how quickly they sell it for etc

spec is pretty average on the whole, the only extras i can make out over the standard BE are electric memory seats (non sport ones) and Sports chrono with multifunction steering wheel

2011 Black Porsche Boxster S BLACK EDITION 3.5 2dr for sale for £34,990 in Cardiff, South Glamorgan (autotrader.co.uk)

Edited by hopz121

4 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

Porsche Cardiff have a BE PDK up for sale listed at £35k be interesting to see how quickly they sell it for etc

Pretty good spec on the whole.

2011 Black Porsche Boxster S BLACK EDITION 3.5 2dr for sale for £34,990 in Cardiff, South Glamorgan (autotrader.co.uk)

Interesting, maybe I need to increase the agreed value on my insurance!  I've got less miles and more spec from a quick look at that 😬

8 hours ago, hopz121 said:

That's getting into Spyder territory - but probably preferable with a proper hood. :) 

19 hours ago, rowbos said:

Interesting, maybe I need to increase the agreed value on my insurance!  I've got less miles and more spec from a quick look at that 😬

Who is yours insured with rowbos? 

If it sells for that price its great for the BE market, that does include a 2 year Porsche warranty though which has to be worth a bit.  

57 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

Who is yours insured with rowbos? 

If it sells for that price its great for the BE market, that does include a 2 year Porsche warranty though which has to be worth a bit.  

I'm insured via Manning.  Really good policy, agreed value, track day cover, genuine OPC repairs (including windscreen).  I've used them for around 4 or 5 years from memory...

My last valuation submitted from PCGB to Manning was for £30K, I need to submit a new valuation every two years - I think a new one may be required soon 🤔

Agreed, the Porsche warranty is worth a decent amount.

Not planning on selling mine anytime, it does exactly what I need and lives most of its time in the garage waiting for when I have more time to play 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There have been a couple of new additions to the register appear for sale over the past few months but I've not had chance to update this thread so will do so now.....

The stimulus has been a new entry on sale today......a very high spec manual car with low mileage #476......

https://www.arunltd.com/vehicle/porsche-boxster-s-black-edition-in-west-sussex-6104d982-5f98-4b98-a2be-173ad65cf9df

Some interesting stats emerging:

of 32 UK cars:

- 44% are manual which is much higher than I would have thought 

- Every car has seat heating which makes me think this was a default option on the Black Edition although not listed as such in the brochure

- 81% have Sport Chrono....the ones without being manual. The manuals without are not unexpected as I think there was / is a general misconception over what Sport Chrono offers to a manual car

- Only 25% have PASM.....again not unexpected due to costs / general misconceptions over what PASM actually is and how it works.......I still find it amazing that so many would spec a Porsche sports car without either adaptive or sports suspension, I do have a feeling however that due to timing ie 2010 financial crisis that a lot of these cars where dealer specced ?

- 50% have PSE......about what I would expect 

- 34% Full Leather .....probably slightly higher than I would expect (eg I would expect around 25%)

Edited by Jonttt
  • Like 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Porsche-Boxster-S-BLACK-EDITION-Convertible-Petrol-Manual-/124937012663?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Another one for sale,

looks to be a manual with sports chrono, PASM, sports seats 

seems a pretty decent price to me as well 

12 hours ago, hopz121 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Porsche-Boxster-S-BLACK-EDITION-Convertible-Petrol-Manual-/124937012663?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Another one for sale,

looks to be a manual with sports chrono, PASM, sports seats 

seems a pretty decent price to me as well 

Thats the one already mentioned above 😉

• Like 1

OPC's are still happy to sell these cars despite being 10 years old.......#211 has just come back up for sale at an OPC for £35k.......

nb there is a c25k miler for sale on facebook for c£30k ......I don't know any details of which # it is 

1 hour ago, Jonttt said:

OPC's are still happy to sell these cars despite being 10 years old.......#211 has just come back up for sale at an OPC for £35k.......

nb there is a c25k miler for sale on facebook for c£30k ......I don't know any details of which # it is 

It's a 2011 Manual Car

The only things I know / can see from the limited pictures is it has red seat belts, and has 22,000 miles on the clock.

I don't know other spec / history / condition of the car, the advert isn't overly detailed!

It's car number 226 of 987

Listed for £29k which if spec, condition and history stacks up could be a great buy. I imaging you'd get a little off of it too :)

personally I dont understand how these can be worth £30k 'ish

its a 10 year old 987 for god's sake, without the model designation and similar spec it wouldnt be anywhere near would it?

it's madness

I'm not putting down 987's in any way btw (I had a basalt black one until 2013)

2 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

personally I dont understand how these can be worth £30k 'ish

its a 10 year old 987 for god's sake, without the model designation and similar spec it wouldnt be anywhere near would it?

it's madness

I'm not putting down 987's in any way btw (I had a basalt black one until 2013)

They are great cars and with a good spec they are a special car to own and drive.

I enjoyed mine for the 3 years I had it and thought it was worth the extra I paid over a equivalent S model but back then it was probably only £3/4K.

All the car prices are up at the moment so it is hard to say but I think when it all settles down they will be back around £25k which about what I paid. I personally wouldn’t pay much more than that unless it was silly low mileage and from a OPC.

But they are definitely great car’s 😉

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hopz121 said:

It's a 2011 Manual Car

The only things I know / can see from the limited pictures is it has red seat belts, and has 22,000 miles on the clock.

I don't know other spec / history / condition of the car, the advert isn't overly detailed!

It's car number 226 of 987

Listed for £29k which if spec, condition and history stacks up could be a great buy. I imaging you'd get a little off of it too :)

Thats a different car 😉

• Haha 1

Welcome to the wonderful world of Porsche……..it will “do peoples head in” when 987-2 black editions cost more than 981 S’s…….get used to it 🤣

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...