Good premium from Performance Direct

Decent level of cover and a good premium - £325 for my 2010 3.4 S with an accident on each driver

Worth a try - but one word of warning - once you sort the quote out online, you need to call them to validate - took me 45mins today as they are really busy. Not really good enough these days, but not the call handlers fault. I'm promised that they are a different team to those dealing with claims.... lets hope i never have to find out

They have come up cheapest on my confused.com comparison. I went through to their site to correct a few things (like correct the alarm/immobiliser to standard manufacturer kit, change the value of the car and purchase date and declare the factory fitted options from their lists) which then increased the premium but still remained the cheapest.

Didn't click through to buy yet as still looking at some alternatives. Are you suggesting that after diong all of that online, they still want you to call them to complete the quote?

1 hour ago, smartin said:

They have come up cheapest on my confused.com comparison. I went through to their site to correct a few things (like correct the alarm/immobiliser to standard manufacturer kit, change the value of the car and purchase date and declare the factory fitted options from their lists) which then increased the premium but still remained the cheapest.

Didn't click through to buy yet as still looking at some alternatives. Are you suggesting that after diong all of that online, they still want you to call them to complete the quote?

Yes - you have to call them, then they pretty much repeat everything you have said to confirm the details are correct before they issue the insurance certificates - very 2019!

• 2 weeks later...

Just renewed with Performance Direct £426 for my 718, over £200 cheaper than Lockton. I too had to call them, I was told as it's a performance car policy they need proof of this (not asked on the online form) they wanted the reg number of my old 987S;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 1:09 PM, Tubzilla said:

Beware if you have to make any changes to your policy, £50 for each adjustment.

The exception is if you want to change to a private plate you have to do it with 28 days of taking out the policy, it is no charge. But try it after  28 days........50 notes 😕

Archived