What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Just now, Davey P said:

Bleedin' @iborguk - who does he think he is, coming in here giving it the big "I am", and showing off his fancy tools.  I suppose a small allen key poked through the centre cap holes isn't good enough for him.... :lol:

That was what I was using before funnily enough. 

You're just jel cause I found a tool I can whip out as much as a caramel wheel.😝😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davey P said:

Bleedin' @iborguk - who does he think he is, coming in here giving it the big "I am", and showing off his fancy tools.  I suppose a small allen key poked through the centre cap holes isn't good enough for him.... :lol:

Good enough for a cayman mate, but Boxsters are just that little bit more special.........😉

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, iborguk said:

You're just jel cause I found a tool I can whip out as much as a caramel wheel.😝😀

That caramel wheel won't come anywhere near my current car, it was a one-off, never to be used again!

7 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Good enough for a cayman mate, but Boxsters are just that little bit more special.........😉

I suppose I was asking for that, nice one mate :lol:

This all reminds me, the Cayman wheel caps are not pointing at the tyre valves.  I must get round to sorting that out - Oh, the shame of it... 

Just now, Davey P said:

This all reminds me, the Cayman wheel caps are not pointing at the tyre valves.  I must get round to sorting that out - Oh, the shame of it... 

On your "shame scale" that ranks pretty low tbh. 😆

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Wait... wooaaah.... there's a shame scale...?  Who knew! :lol:

Trust me, you could sleep with Boris, fancy Sturgeon, be caught wearing your wife's lacy panties (again) and even support Aston villa and you would still get nowhere near @John K's position on the scale.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Davey P said:

That caramel wheel won't come anywhere near my current car, it was a one-off, never to be used again!

Sure. Keep it though. There may come a time you want to buff that roof off.🤪😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davey P said:

I don't like getting my hair messed up mate :lol:

DSC00128

I can see why you moved on, it would be suicide by Boxster if you got those tangled up as you put the roof down.

Just mind your fingers on that Mahoosive tail gate of yours 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iborguk said:

I can see why you moved on, it would be suicide by Boxster if you got those tangled up as you put the roof down.

Just mind your fingers on that Mahoosive tail gate of yours 🤣

Will do mate, thanks for the helpful advice, that is much appreciated :lol:

52 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Caramel wheels don’t last 5 mins at my house - just like Tunnocks caramel wafers .....

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CAZ said:

Caramel wheels don’t last 5 mins at my house - just like Tunnocks caramel wafers .....

Same here but it's Jammie Wagon Wheels (with the Tunnocks as a chaser)

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CAZ said:

I reckon your leave your dentures behind if you sunk them into Davey's Caramel Wheel 🤔

3 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I reckon your leave your dentures behind if you sunk them into Davey's Caramel Wheel 🤔

😱😉

2 hours ago, iborguk said:

It's totally unnecessary , like the passenger side umbrella but I wanted it after I knew it existed.

When the passenger side umbrella got mentioned in a thread the other day I found myself straight on to Google trying to find one even though I rarely take the Boxter out in the rain!

8 minutes ago, Greyanglia said:

When the passenger side umbrella got mentioned in a thread the other day I found myself straight on to Google trying to find one even though I rarely take the Boxter out in the rain!

I know it’s like once you know …. OPC is your best bet about £45 which yeah is about £40 too much.

Installed my DesignTek valved exhaust with the help of a friend who works in a garage, so we could use the lift. It went really smoothly, no hiccups, using a set of instructions for the Soul exhaust, which looks identical.

We only got the pipes on and I’ll do the vacuum lines and wiring on another day. By default the valves are open and it is very LOUD. Quiet(ish) when pootling, but as soon as you accelerate it turns hooligan and crackles on the overrun. I’ll have to get on with the rest of the install asap to have the option to dial down the volume.

The old system had a hole in the upper right corner of the right-hand box, the size of a 50p piece.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BBB said:

Installed my DesignTek valved exhaust with the help of a friend who works in a garage, so we could use the lift. It went really smoothly, no hiccups, using a set of instructions for the Soul exhaust, which looks identical.

We only got the pipes on and I’ll do the vacuum lines and wiring on another day. By default the valves are open and it is very LOUD. Quiet(ish) when pootling, but as soon as you accelerate it turns hooligan and crackles on the overrun. I’ll have to get on with the rest of the install asap to have the option to dial down the volume.

The old system had a hole in the upper right corner of the right-hand box, the size of a 50p piece.

I bet it sounds great!

Got one to put on after i have finished the clutch change.

Could you share the instructions you used?