What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Thanks guys will check it out tomorrow. Don’t think I wanna risk nearly fainting on the floor of the OPC again but what has to be done…… £700 fitted at least means maybe not too bad!

1 minute ago, Buzzlt said:

Thanks guys will check it out tomorrow. Don’t think I wanna risk nearly fainting on the floor of the OPC again but what has to be done…… £700 fitted at least means maybe not too bad!

That was by an Indy though, not OPC! 

47 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

That was by an Indy though, not OPC! 

Parts will have cost much the same though. Get the parts form OPC and then an indy to fit them. Probably most cost effective solution other than DIY.

1 hour ago, Lennym1984 said:

It definitely isn't an enjoyable job though!

The enjoyment mostly come on reflection when you have completed the work and overcome the challenge Porsche set you!

Finally finished putting my interior back in after having reupholstered it with some black alcantara. I'm not a pro and it's not perfect (you can see imperfections if you look closely enough) but I'm pretty happy with the result. The interior was really quite red before and I did the work to cover up the slightly scruffy and worn plastics and to try and break up the redness. I think it's worked OK. 

7F019wiybTxHr-zhfWpRLzjyUrtDKZZvDbIdZhJp

oWOFA8vaiXxoGI8hiMJFMCtMqi69ZcmQ9L-_px_l

jMg2JxF3RItS_w8QvbEPu3aK7d_HsFlZwWE6XDAn

zDdGngWeichph0LpLxnXgBFLIAmAIxmcWg2fy54A

Sa_nqHuGpjh0b-OsyxaULzklJYE4QZJsz9rWu2np

GKrIY4Zq82JItxr_QyPY5cZF1UCWfY3Xsy6uR55u

NOHo5bbFtbVDaq8isAasT5pE8HIMjN11CS9PHqL6

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

Finally finished putting my interior back in after having reupholstered it with some black alcantara. I'm not a pro and it's not perfect (you can see imperfections if you look closely enough) but I'm pretty happy with the result. The interior was really quite red before and I did the work to cover up the slightly scruffy and worn plastics and to try and break up the redness. I think it's worked OK. 

It looks great. Well done. I love the red interior.

Had the rear drains checked/cleaned out and new rear plastic sil ends fitted (one sil end had a split in it and my OCD wouldn’t let me have just one done).

Car lives outside and I treated it to a new half cover.

Also drove it 200 miles today , which was nice and met up with @Paul P who once again made me want to nick his PSE.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps. 

I bought the car for the red interior (OK, a slight exaggeration, but I DIDN'T want a car with a black interior or a black exterior, and certainly not one with both.) The stock all-red extended leather interior was eye-catching but quite a lot of red. I don't have many photos of it 'before' but here are a couple: 

iFXCUi12TlMghfILy16V66mjCKIiAd3Ew1MqHZOq

3Mjm0Ur3DbidxNjn8mdspOsfbLkO3W3eTxL-xgPk

17 hours ago, zcacogp said:

Looks great. Was it hard to do? 

Just now, BBB said:

Does yours have the drain cover/filters fitted @iborguk? If not, they are well worth fitting for a car that lives outdoors.

Yes I have those. They in themselves can get clogged up with tree “stuff” and dust. Worth having as they help prevent big stuff getting into the drains. There’s been a lot of stuff dropping off the trees recently and whilst I “trombone” I wanted someone to check the drains from the bottom to ensure they were clear whilst they were fitting the new rear sil ends. 

Having read of the issues some have had in opening the bonnet when the battery is flat I thought I'd take some pre-emptive action as it's bound to happen some day. So I've run a feed, using an old battery charger connector lead, from the battery and brought it up under the cover on the lower screen cowling which pops off very easily so a charger can be connected as easy as you like. Have ordered he connectors to fit, and yes left the wire disconnected to the battery for now.

51331887416_1ec373a156_z.jpg

16 minutes ago, Gramps said:

Having read of the issues some have had in opening the bonnet when the battery is flat I thought I'd take some pre-emptive action as it's bound to happen some day. So I've run a feed, using an old battery charger connector lead, from the battery and brought it up under the cover on the lower screen cowling which pops off very easily so a charger can be connected as easy as you like. Have ordered he connectors to fit, and yes left the wire disconnected to the battery for now.

51331887416_1ec373a156_z.jpg

I've seen that done with a Ctek lead, just be careful of the wiper mechanism or boom!

On 7/24/2021 at 1:14 PM, Lennym1984 said:

Looks great. Was it hard to do? 

Surprisingly not that hard. Alcantara from Amazon and some carpet glue spray from Screwfix. It does take some time though; each piece took about an hour and that's without accounting for the time taken to remove and replace them. Proper faff, but not that hard. 

19 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

Surprisingly not that hard. Alcantara from Amazon and some carpet glue spray from Screwfix. It does take some time though; each piece took about an hour and that's without accounting for the time taken to remove and replace them. Proper faff, but not that hard. 

You've inspired me! I'll do some YouTubing tonight. The rear strut covers/cubby bins look particularly good in alcantara.

Coolant Water tank bleeder valve replaced which has stopped the moisture build up on boot lid above water tank replaced the tank cap for a 04 but still had moisture buildup on boot lid. 10 min job obviously do while cold 

Edited by kevin450

On 7/23/2021 at 8:12 PM, zcacogp said:

Good work there - not the easiest of shapes to work with either,

Evening! First post in this thread from me - New owner :)

Spent a couple hours this evening doing some minor stuff to the 987.

2500grit, cutting compound, polish, BH speed wax and the headlights are sorted

Before:

fyz8nLBl.jpg

After:

jddYdRLl.jpg

Took the panels out at the front, partly to learn how to do it, but partly to check out the front drain-tubes that are most likely blocked. I was right! Didn't have time to do the right side too but left side both drain holes were blocked. Leaves and wet mushy black debris all over the place in the scuttle area in general.. Only took a photo of one though

gtUowqMl.jpg

Had a fiddle with the DIY front-vent mesh grills to find that one of the foglight units is actually snapped on the screw-mount. Bit of glue to dry overnight. (Are all things this straight forward to take off this car? The screws weren't even rusty!?)

9hh0beIl.jpg

sezrz0el.jpg
4kWBEGDl.jpg

Also didn't like how the meshes were attached (just bent edges with some silicon in a couple of the corners). 

I'll probably clean this all up and do it a different way. Anyone got any links to good mesh products to buy, or maybe some nice ideas for a DIY one?

Edited by Megatonks