What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

20 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Should still start strongly after only a week. Could be indication of the battery weakening.

This ^ Mine would look fully charged according to the CTEK, but if I left the charger off for a few days the voltage would drop quickly. I initially thought it may be a parasitic drain, but when I changed the battery it cured the problem immediately.

According to the receipts the battery was only replaced in January.  Yuasa are decent brand so I assuming it's unlikely to be that.  Left the CTEK running overnight and it's completed all the way to the end of the stages this morning.  Car started first time as well.  Fingers crossed it's an isolated incident.

2 minutes ago, Hainesy said:

According to the receipts the battery was only replaced in January.  Yuasa are decent brand so I assuming it's unlikely to be that.  Left the CTEK running overnight and it's completed all the way to the end of the stages this morning.  Car started first time as well.  Fingers crossed it's an isolated incident.

Might be worth checking the battery connections are tight and clean - different car a lifetime ago but had intermittent failure to crank over caused by a poor earth connection to the battery

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Mine was also a lazy but reliable starter until I changed the battery. But if yours is relatively new, good call to check connections. 

Or dig out the battery guarantee if the problem persists and it is is only 9 months old.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Autoglym'd the roof.

Not tried Autoglym.Any good?What colour? I’ve tried a couple of other makes and fabsil gold.Just got some normal fabsil that has  uv protection. I’ve not really been impressed so far but having a blue roof makes it a little more difficult.

8 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Not tried Autoglym.Any good?What colour? I’ve tried a couple of other makes and fabsil gold.Just got some normal fabsil that has  uv protection. I’ve not really been impressed so far but having a blue roof makes it a little more difficult.

Not a dye, wash and application of roof protector.

Went to fit new rear discs, pads and sensors to the rear of my 2.9. Turns out I've been sent a kit for 3.2 or 3.4. Discs are 4mm too thick at 24mm. Pads and sensors different shape. Raging! 🤬 MOT on Wednesday and car in bits.

IMG20211017154621

• Sad 1

Should probably have done this a bit earlier as I've not driven much in the last few weeks, it's been rainy and cold. I got the car washed well, over-inflated the tires, put some silica bags in and finally put the cover over the car. I never got my custom made cover (supply issues) so this is a 25€ cheapy from a local car store, but actually fits the car well. I left the frunk open, otherwise locked car. I still need to decide what to do with the battery as I can't charge it there. 

1807135090_WhatsAppImage2021-10-23at20_02_23v3.thumb.jpg.b27cf0b17ee826fecb8a64fb94f1a891.jpg

Edited by Finbox

@Finbox, could you buy something like the Noco GB40 battery booster pack and top up the battery every few weeks? You charge the booster at home, then connect it to the car battery and let the booster pack do it’s thing. Then take it home to recharge.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:47 PM, Sammysmiths said:

Fitted some dynamic LED side indicators. £25 off Aliexpress, smoked black with 3 bands of orange dynamic LED's. Replaced the clear, OEM style fitted. 

Easy install with no canbus errors. Took 10 minutes. 

I had some of these and one fell off during the first drive after installation. Check that they are firmly into the bodywork as one of the springs on mine wasn’t tight so it popped out and then wizzed around in an arc on the wires while I was driving. I only noticed when I got home. Luckily there were no scratches in the paint, but the spring had come off completely so they both went in the bin and I had to refit the originals.

Interim service and MOT - my first visit to CPS.  Glad to be given a clean bill of health and great service.  Had the gearbox oil changed too, which has made changes quieter.

Rear light clusters out and refurbed by Viper Valets - got rid of most of some fairly distorting surface scratches (no idea how they occurred) and now the leds are bright and clear.

Revisit to FCM for steering wheel alignment.

6 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

......too  much rain ....... I've just got back from the PCGB track day at Oulton Park ...... its never too wet 😂

We’re a bit flooded here, I had to go to screwfix to pick up a Torx 6 screwdriver to do the job but on the way there at one point I couldn’t tell the pavement from the road and the idiot coming the other way in a Land Rover was going so fast the water went right over my roof!

Hope you had a better day on track.

Edited by 944GS

1 hour ago, Jonttt said:

......too  much rain ....... I've just got back from the PCGB track day at Oulton Park ...... its never too wet 😂

@Jonttt Do you have photos or a writeup? I've done Oulton on a bike plenty of times and found every session red-flagged so it became a bit deflating. Does this happen on a car trackday?