What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

On 9/6/2019 at 3:25 PM, Jason986S said:

Because it’s for sale. I sadly just don't get to use it as much as planned and hoped. It’s quite a bit of money tied up in a car I just don't get to enjoy like I’d love to. On top of that, I’ve just incurred a pretty big knee injury so can’t drive for the foreseeable future. 

Bad news mate, been there, done that, but needs must.

Some one is going to get a real nice car, hope you better soon fella and I'm sure you'll be back sometime soon.

Rog.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jonners said:

I know, I was just impressed by the 31mpg. Mine shows 21mpg!

😄

I normally am about the same 24-26 but had a very leisurely drive across to Easingwold as I wore up early and the place I was visiting didn't open until 8am.

To be honest I never noticed that until you mentioned it. 😄

Best wishes from oooop Narf!

Removed water pump, thermostat housing and thermostat, Serpentine belt tensioner and pulley. Just waiting delivery if new parts. Anyone have a picture of the coolant bleed vent position on a 987.1 2006 S? I think I must be starting straight at it but can't see it!!

Edited by Remodot

24 minutes ago, Remodot said:

Removed water pump, thermostat housing and thermostat, Serpentine belt tensioner and pulley. Just waiting delivery if new parts. Anyone have a picture of the coolant bleed vent position on a 987.1 2006 S? I think I must be starting straight at it but can't see it!!

The earlier ones have the velvet right next to the coolant filler cap and engine oil filler cap. Only thing is it hides below a plastic cover which you can only remove after taking off the oil and coolant caps. 

On the later cars the bleed valve is under the top cover of the engine bay.

59 minutes ago, The Caped Crusader said:

The earlier ones have the velvet right next to the coolant filler cap and engine oil filler cap. Only thing is it hides below a plastic cover which you can only remove after taking off the oil and coolant caps. 

On the later cars the bleed valve is under the top cover of the engine bay.

What he said...

19 minutes ago, entdgc said:

What he said...

Found it, under the plastic panel by the oil and water fillers. I'm guessing sitting vertical is in bleed mode while sitting flat on either side is closed?

Thanks

Finally got around to collecting the new high level brake light from Reading OPC so swapped that out this morning. Literally a 2 min job, the unit came with the fitting screws and captive nuts as well. £68 from OPC or £109 from Design 9

fHzrBEc.jpg

w08R0su.jpg

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

Finally got around to collecting the new high level brake light from Reading OPC so swapped that out this morning. Literally a 2 min job, the unit came with the fitting screws and captive nuts as well. £68 from OPC or £109 from Design 9

fHzrBEc.jpg

w08R0su.jpg

“Captive nuts “ isn’t that what Linda will do to @John K if she ever finds out about his “postbox blondie “ thread 😱 

Didn’t think you could make your car any prettier 👍

On 9/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, chanlon1 said:

Decided to put some 7mm and 15mm spacers on today. 

RDbPke0.jpg

Very nice 👍 and nice to see another Gen 1 S.E - I know there aren’t many of us on the forum 😔

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chanlon1 said:

Did you find that it hid any marks on the paint well?

Just posted some more pics and detail in the car cleaning thread - it’s good, but probably not quite as good as a coloured T-cut - but as you can apply it by hand i thought I got a good end result