What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

3 hours ago, EVO Chris said:

what do we think??? With or without???

Someone on here had a matte stripe the same colour as the car (Black I think) which looked cool but otherwise not a fan of stripes personally. Useful info on signage. 

MOT day , 987 Boxster ,Passed with flying colours and emissions straight to green  I think the Italian tune up helped 👍.I have only had the car since the summer and done loads of jobs thanks to all the help and tips from this forum,but the first MOT in my ownership was always going to be a little worrying 106k in the clock and all good , The tester noticed a few of the aluminium heat shield retaining bolts were not doing their job as the shield had corroded around the nut,he had some over size star washers that simply went over the existing fitting and did the job so simple (I snapped one trying to sort it lol) I will post a pic later and a part number one of the best hacks for this I have seen ,at least I can spend the MOT reserve fund on a wheel refurb and AC pipe , Great car and forum 👍

1 hour ago, Def1 said:

MOT day , 987 Boxster ,Passed with flying colours and emissions straight to green  I think the Italian tune up helped 👍.I have only had the car since the summer and done loads of jobs thanks to all the help and tips from this forum,but the first MOT in my ownership was always going to be a little worrying 106k in the clock and all good , The tester noticed a few of the aluminium heat shield retaining bolts were not doing their job as the shield had corroded around the nut,he had some over size star washers that simply went over the existing fitting and did the job so simple (I snapped one trying to sort it lol) I will post a pic later and a part number one of the best hacks for this I have seen ,at least I can spend the MOT reserve fund on a wheel refurb and AC pipe , Great car and forum 👍

•  

Great news, always a relief to get a MOT Pass on a new(ish) to you car. 

Contrats on passing your MOT, nice.

I had my first MOT with my 2010 2.9 in August (owned 1 year last August). What a mare! Long story short after having a 'proper service' (1.9k) at Porsche and 1 week later the MOT failed on the Xenon light washers not working, went back to Porsche who told me they were checked but the fuse was missing from the fuse holder??!! Where'd it go I wonder? MOT man did not even know where the fuse box was. Having some OPC trust issues here people!

Car is all good now, infact it is stunning......

5 hours ago, Liberty said:

Just got to wish @Davey P a fabulous day. Yeah I remembered your  big day🤫🤫

Cheers mate, that's really nice of you, and yes it has been a bloody brilliant day!  :thumbsup_anim:

I'll start a new thread in the Member's Rides section, to save clogging this one up with my ramblings :D

1 hour ago, EVO Chris said:

Contrats on passing your MOT, nice.

I had my first MOT with my 2010 2.9 in August (owned 1 year last August). What a mare! Long story short after having a 'proper service' (1.9k) at Porsche and 1 week later the MOT failed on the Xenon light washers not working, went back to Porsche who told me they were checked but the fuse was missing from the fuse holder??!! Where'd it go I wonder? MOT man did not even know where the fuse box was. Having some OPC trust issues here people!

Car is all good now, infact it is stunning......

Thanks and glad yours is sorted 👍👍

Fitted the stripe to the bonnet, looks good.

I also spent the weekend checking the brake callipers and assemblies, cleaning under the arches and a general tidying up underneath until all shiny. Then machines polished the body with G3 and NXT Meguiars all over....I had a fun weekend! 

stripe1stripe2stripe3

Edited by EVO Chris

23 hours ago, EVO Chris said:

I voted no to the stripe previously, but actually now it's fitted I reckon it looks pretty good, nice one mate  :thumbsup_anim:

I think it helps that the application looks to be high quality, with the areas around the badge in particular being very precise.  I'd imagine it would have been easy to get that bit wrong, and balls it up, but credit where credit is due, it looks to be a top job.

Thanks Davey your so kind and I'm glad you like it, its grown on me too. I like the fiddly bits around the badge as that's what I excel at, its all in the detail.

Next project is a set of high flow manifold cats but that's into the winter months when all the other life stuff has receded. (painting a mates trike at the moment).

Edited by EVO Chris

Received a pair of new tailored mats this morning, just a cheap set from ebay, so I wasn't expecting much. To be honest I was pleasantly surprised. They're a good fit, and have tidied up the footwells nicely. Made from fairly thin carpet, as you might expect for less than 12 quid, but they look the part and should do a good job of protecting the original carpets.

I had to laugh though, I hoovered the carpets before I put the mats in, then got the Autoglym vinyl and rubber care spray out to clean up the sill covers... and door seals... and dashboard... and the rest of the interior plastics... then thought I might as well hoover the boot... and treat the boot seal... and then hoovered the frunk... and cleaned up all the plastic covers... and topped up the screen wash...  Blimey, I only went out to fit two mats :lol:

On 11/12/2019 at 11:27 AM, EVO Chris said:

Yeah - I like that stripe...

Had a Mini Countryman a few cars ago and the bonnet devil fork was ever so slightly skewed. Annoyed me from when I noticed to the day I sold it.

Cleaned out the drain tubes for the first time using my new super duper trombone cleaner thingy, and it worked a treat.  Right hand one seemed to be completely blocked, and the left hand one was also blocked but not as badly.  Very satisfying to see the end brush of the cleaner appearing out of the tube under the car, does that make me sound a bit sad? Don't care if it does, obviously :P  Also fitted the hood seals properly in place by lowering the roof halfway, then tucking both sides in a bit at a time as the roof closed.  I did that in about 4 stages, stopping the roof every few inches, until it was tucked in behind the window frame.  A bit fiddly, but good enough until I get round to fixing it properly with some new elastic.

After that I decided to test the drains by washing the car with Autoglym shampoo (any excuse! :lol:) and gave it a proper visual once over checking for scratches etc.  Actually the car is in pretty good shape, just a few faint scratches and stone chips here and there, but absolutely nothing to worry about and all completely acceptable on a 12 year old car.  Same with the alloys, just a bit of the usual paint peeling in places, but again not too bad at all and no major damage or scuffs to worry about.

• Like 1