What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Found water behind my passenger seat yesterday 😨

No idea where it got in as the the trombone cleaner usually works it's magic. Don't know how long it's been doing it, the car usually lives in the garage but that is full of Westfield's at the moment, so it's been on the drive over winter. It doesn't look like it's been raining in for long, but still a worry.  

The carpet is wet at the bottom of the firewall, dryer towards the seat, will have to do some more investigations today

Fingers crossed

My neighbour 2 doors along was out washing his car this afternoon, and I jokingly said he could wash mine if he liked. To my great surprise, he said yes because he was so bored :lol:  He's quite OCD about car washing, so here's the result:

20210228_15473620210228_154700

:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Taxed her, set tyre pressures and went for a wee drive around town, winter break over a bit earlier this year. Lovely sunny day with roof down. 

I looked at milage over the past couple of years, 5k 2019, just over 1k 2020, hope lockdown eases soon and get a decent milage during spring and summer this year.

Taxed her, set tyre pressures and went for a wee drive around town, winter break over a bit earlier this year. Lovely sunny day with roof down. 

I looked at milage over the past couple of years, 5k 2019, just over 1k 2020, hope lockdown eases soon and get a decent milage during spring and summer this year.

1 hour ago, Fish19700 said:

Demure black calipers and silver decals. Nice contrast given the colour of the car I feel.

Nice, good choice, you won't regret that. I went for pretentious yellow 😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonSta said:

A lot of people seem to diss the pirellis. Be interested to hear what you think in comparison.

Horses for courses.

Had PS2's on my 987.1 and always felt sure footed, gone again with them on this one (had to go N rated for warranty).

Edited by iborguk

Left the cherry bomb at Lee’s for a ball joint to be done 😢

On 3/1/2021 at 8:04 PM, McDonald said:

Went to visit one of the three Indies I'm interested in. They've all got good websites, no one on the forum seems to know any of them. Decided I'd better go and check them out.

RDJqu9f.jpg

cWnvjYc.jpg

Precision has a very good rep.....one of their mechanics is a regular on 911uk (Demort).........great guy.....loads of free advice ..........and he loves boxster, they are his favourite Porsche 😉

• Like 1

A bit of spring-cleaning and a change of air-con condensors and drier for me a few days ago.

ZeGetPR.jpg

qaTpVUx.jpg

And all buttoned back up together...

ylOhx3L_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr

Regassed, which thankfully went well.

Removed wheels and cleaned the barrels, and also did the wheel-arches.

Added one of those £25 bluetooth battery-monitors.

Mot’d last week and flew through. 

Next on list is new elastic for the hood guides, and a try of the Renovo roof kit. 

It might be looking for a new home soon 😔 New puppy inbound and having had three years of pleasure with this car, an estate sized thing is looking likely. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

Precision has a very good rep.....one of their mechanics is a regular on 911uk (Demort).........great guy.....loads of free advice ..........and he loves boxster, they are his favourite Porsche 😉

AH!, I wondered where he worked.  As you say great advice.

11 hours ago, Jonttt said:

This is really helpful to know, thanks. Settling on an Indie to care for your car is hard to do. Personal recommendation from someone who knows these cars is very valuable.

New Frunk and boot struts I ordered on the 22nd of Feb from Autodoc arrived today so fitted them all.

Front were 997.511.551.01 and I went for Lesjofors ones. 

The rear one is 987.512.551.01 appears unbranded.

They are much stronger so no more headaches!