Wow Gap insurance with ALA has shot up

On 10/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, MIkeyv60 said:

Always used ALA in the past, but just done a new quote and the cost has shot up!! Anyone else noticed this?

Was looking at getting some Gap insurance myself, but all quotes were way higher than I expected / what my neighbour had been paying for his.

If you find someone who will do it for a decent price please let me know😁

2 hours ago, CAZ said:

Was looking at getting some Gap insurance myself, but all quotes were way higher than I expected / what my neighbour had been paying for his.

If you find someone who will do it for a decent price please let me know😁

Yeah all my past costs have been in the £180's to £220 , Ala wanted £316 . i ended up with a company called Direct gap at £234 , defacto rating as good as Ala , but as with any insurance you dont know how good they are until you need them?

7 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Yeah all my past costs have been in the £180's to £220 , Ala wanted £316 . i ended up with a company called Direct gap at £234 , defacto rating as good as Ala , but as with any insurance you dont know how good they are until you need them?

I insured the Box and my Fiesta with A plan as they mirrored my NCD ,were happy with mods and for an extra £42 a year gave me total loss cover , meaning that in the event of the car being written off they would give me open market value instead of book value ,plus an extra 25 % on top , so at 12 k should  give me an additional  3 k on top  - that was the best way round it that I could see for the value of my car.

I let my ALA policy lapse when I got my current lease a year ago. Generally I only put 3 to 6 months down. 

I used to think this, and this was one of the reasons I got GAP in the first place but I've since read of a couple of people who have written off lease cars mid term and not had to settle any outstanding payments. 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:29 AM, edc said:

I used to think this, and this was one of the reasons I got GAP in the first place but I've since read of a couple of people who have written off lease cars mid term and not had to settle any outstanding payments. 

Think thats a bit different as as long as you paid back over 50% of the final value of the car then you incur no more costs and i think you use Contract Hire GAP for lease vehicles not normal gap.

Archived