CD-R 23

Mark Hunt

I put a new amp in my 2004 Boxster yesterday and it works fine, tried to push the sound button on the cdr23 to alter the bass and nothing came up on the display. I don’t have a user manual that I can use. Is there something else I need to push at the same time

Thanks Mark

On 10/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, Mark Hunt said:

I put a new amp in my 2004 Boxster yesterday and it works fine, tried to push the sound button on the cdr23 to alter the bass and nothing came up on the display. I don’t have a user manual that I can use. Is there something else I need to push at the same time

Thanks Mark

Without looking at mine I can’t remember exactly but I think the button you need to press has a note symbol on it?🎵 something like this ,  

1 hour ago, Mark Hunt said:

Thanks

i just plugged the new optical amp in and it all worked fine, it must be a fault on head unit. The optical amp is exactly the same as the one I took out. I will look for a new head.

Before you go spending more money why noy disconnect the amp and ensure the bass/treble button is still working/not working........?

Where abouts in the world are you?

I picked up a head unit as part of a bigger bundle of parts a couple of weeks ago, and it turns out I didn't need it. As it's not needed and not tested (by me - it was sold as a "fully working when removed") I'd be happy to let it go fairly cheap.

I have the keycode for the head unit, if that's what you mean.

Unsure why a radio would be coded to an Engine Control Unit ... but I've been wrong before, and definitely will be again! 😁

2 minutes ago, Huw_L said:

I have the keycode for the head unit, if that's what you mean.

Unsure why a radio would be coded to an Engine Control Unit ... but I've been wrong before, and definitely will be again! 😁

Not sure it’s the ECU, but on the later cars the CDR23 and instrument cluster needs to have matching VIN numbers in there Eeprom for the radio to switch on.  Otherwise you end up with a Protected message on the radio.

1 hour ago, Sanky said:

Not sure it’s the ECU, but on the later cars the CDR23 and instrument cluster needs to have matching VIN numbers in there Eeprom for the radio to switch on.  Otherwise you end up with a Protected message on the radio.

Thanks ... that makes sense. 👍

Archived