What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

7 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

bet you were happy to be saving the environment though?

Tank was exactly on half full, drove just over 4 miles to petrol station, put £10 in and less than half a mile to my house. Tank now midway between half full and next increment down. WTF?

OPC delivered my car back, saved me putting another £10 in.

It's less than an 8 mile round trip for me to the OPC and a tenner of petrol was not going to cut it. I'll stick to mine thanks.

16 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Tank was exactly on half full, drove just over 4 miles to petrol station, put £10 in and less than half a mile to my house. Tank now midway between half full and next increment down. WTF?

OPC delivered my car back, saved me putting another £10 in.

It's less than an 8 mile round trip for me to the OPC and a tenner of petrol was not going to cut it. I'll stick to mine thanks.

was it not a hybrid?

different driving style needed, any heavy feet will reult in petrol kicking in

I had one a few years ago and it was on zero battery  when I left home so I put on 'regen' at the start of a 20 mile motorway trip.

This increased its range (at 20mpg on the petrol engine), on return journey I did probably 10 miles town to town on electric only, before getting back to the motorway....once off the slip road the higher speed (I was relatively Miss Daisy) meant the petrol kicked in

the average mpg there and back wasnt ground breaking, it's in one of my threads somewehere...IIRC it averaged at 40 mpg over the 'there and back trips'...I can theoretically get that from the diesel Cayenne (EDIT the wife can easier than me) and a stated 20 mile range on electric is a p*ss poor excuse to buy the (then) Cayenne Hybrid IMO

Edited by Stuart21UK

5 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

different driving style needed, any heavy feet will reult in petrol kicking in

I had one a few years ago and it was on zero battery  when I left home so I put on 'regen' at the start of a 20 mile motorway trip.

This increased its range (at 20mpg on the petrol engine), on return journey I did probably 10 miles town to town on electric only, before getting back to the motorway....once off the slip road the higher speed (I was relatively Miss Daisy) meant the petrol kicked in

the average mpg there and back wasnt ground breaking, it's in one of my threads somewehere...IIRC it averaged at 40 mpg over the 'there and back trips'...I can theoretically get that from the diesel Cayenne (EDIT the wife can easier than me) and a stated 20 mile range on electric is a p*ss poor excuse to buy the (then) Cayenne Hybrid IMO

I can easily get 40mpg from the 718 going to work, nearly all motorway, Think I averaged around 43 on my Silverstone trip.

Waiting for Porsche roadside assistance to come to help.

I’ve had a warning message on the dash reading “ cooling system fault, consult dealer, service required”.

Its still under warranty & my OPC Re- opened today. They suggested using their recovery service to get in in & sorted. Especially as my Macan that I also bought from the same OPC needs to go in for a safety recall!

I understand that the 718 cooling system message is not un-common & has something to do with one or two valves?

1 hour ago, Manicatel said:

Waiting for Porsche roadside assistance to come to help.

I’ve had a warning message on the dash reading “ cooling system fault, consult dealer, service required”.

Its still under warranty & my OPC Re- opened today. They suggested using their recovery service to get in in & sorted. Especially as my Macan that I also bought from the same OPC needs to go in for a safety recall!

I understand that the 718 cooling system message is not un-common & has something to do with one or two valves?

Hope it is an easy fix and you aren't waiting too long!

Thanks Roddy.

its under Porsche warranty anyway, so I’m not stressing over the price at least.

I’ve just received a courtesy car, a Merc c220d amg & good communication from the dealer so although it’s not ideal, I really can’t complain. I’ve been told to expect an update on Wednesday as they’re working with reduced staff, as you would expect.
I’ll update on here as to what the fault is etc as it may be useful info for others in the future.

Update just to say the coolant system failure warning was as a result of a split vacuum line hose/pipe. This was replaced under warranty by my OPC.

They are open but running with much reduced staffing levels & are mainly dealing with emergency/ breakdown issues rather than scheduled routine servicing for the time being. Also only 1 of the sales team on duty.

Anyway,  they looked after me very well, can’t complain at all, especially under present circumstances.

Took mine in for its first 2 year/20k mile service in Portsmouth.  Very pleased with the outcome as I had a couple of warranty items that I wanted looked at.  First was the black exhaust tips that were looking a little worse for wear.  They agreed to replace them. The second one was a little strange.  One of the tensioning cords on the hood that appears to tighten the internal roof lining had become detached and although it wasn't really affecting the operation of the hood was just plain annoying. see picture below.  To my surprise they are going to replace the entire hood!  It seems they can't be sure what caused the tensioning cord to become detached and as it might have been a fault somewhere else in the hood mechanism they deemed that it was better to replace the hood.  Very good service even though they are just slowly coming out of lockdown and they also report a tracking problem with the front toe in that I need to get looked at.  Car now booked in for July for a couple of days with a replacement car supplied to enable them to carry out the work.  I just hope the guys fitting the new hood have done it before as I don't want them to practise on my car.😁Hxavfl7.jpg

• 3 months later...

Had the car into a local place for a stage 1 valet. 

https://www.fusiontint.co.uk/valet-detailing

Sat in the sun whilst Ian did a couple of hours hard graft. Very pleased with the result, first time the car has been valeted since I got it.

Well worth £35.

S6vzPoE.jpg

0dPgavh.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gave my new to me 718 Boxster T a good wash. After washing the bodywork I gave most of  the rear suspension components a  clean ( after 3,000 miles it needed some loving care ! ) , polished the exhaust silencer  boxes ( shame they aren’t as nice as the stainless steel Sportsgraphic exhaust I had on my old 987 Boxster S ) and polished the black exhaust tips. 

Now that we are moving into winter I have this afternoon pulled the 7.5 amp Soundaktor fuse as I guess I will be driving more top up than down for next few months. Will be interesting to see if there is any difference to cabin sound. The fuse only took a minute to remove. The carpet trim around the trunk fuse box pulled back easily to reveal the rear fuse box. There is a yellow coloured fuse puller in the front drivers side fuse box. Some folk on the US 718 forum have reported that it also improved the Bose sound by reducing the muffling sound.