What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

Can't comment on discs and pads (they look OK from a visual inspection with wheels on) but my 718s has done 11.5K and needs new rear tyres - currently shod with Pirelli P Zero N1.  Used to get 18-19K out of my 981 rears that had Goodyear Eagles on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 5:15 PM, mark-yorkshire said:

What mileage are you on? Interested to hear how your discs, pads and tyres are wearing. 

28k (I actually had to go outside look, it's been that long since I drove it!) pads and discs look fine to me. Tyres were replaced at 20k - I went for Michelin PS4S instead of the PZeros. Much better IMHO.

Edited by Happy Days

On 12/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, mark-yorkshire said:

20k miles out of your Pirellis that must be some sort of record !

You won't believe this then....

We got 60k out of the all-seasons on our Macan!

Most of our mileage is on carriageways motorway or town.

21 hours ago, Happy Days said:

You won't believe this then....

We got 60k out of the all-seasons on our Macan!

Most of our mileage is on carriageways motorway or town.

The all seasons were very good on the Macan. I had two Macans with them . Shame they stopped supplying them as a no cost option.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Took rear nearside wheel off today to take it to local alloy wheel doctor for painting of minor pot hole chips on the rim of my titanium grey Carerra Sport wheel. Bit disappointed to find the hub was very rusty after only 1 year and 4,000 miles. Gave the hub a clean with rust remover and it looks better now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Increased rear tyre pressures as the outside groove of my Pirelli P zeros was wearing more than the other three primary grooves. Also removed the drivers side rear wheel and cleaned up the rusty hub ( did the passenger side a week or so ago) . Cleaned all the suspension components at the same time plus waxed the wheel with Bilthammer double wax. Just need to do the front hubs now.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished off the removal, cleaning and waxing  of the last one of my wheels. Also cleaned all of the suspension parts. Both front wheels were a pig to get off as the retaining hub lugs had “welded” themselves onto the wheel centre. Cleaned up the rusty hubs and molylubed the retaining lugs. Should be easier to get off next time. 

15 hours ago, mark-yorkshire said:

Finished off the removal, cleaning and waxing  of the last one of my wheels. Also cleaned all of the suspension parts. Both front wheels were a pig to get off as the retaining hub lugs had “welded” themselves onto the wheel centre. Cleaned up the rusty hubs and molylubed the retaining lugs. Should be easier to get off next time. 

When that happens to me i loosen the wheel bolts and move the wheels via the steering wheel whilst off the jack and this breaks the grip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

A bit of shameless promotion here.  On 24 April there is a Boxster 25th Anniversary BoXa.net meet at the British Motor Museum Gaydon, please link to the topic below for more information and to note your interest:

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

OPC wanted over £700 to do it!

Just an oil change?   Or was that for a minor service.?

Got to admit I do yearly oil changes myself (in addition to the standard service schedule).  And it’s usually under £100 all in (oil from Costco).

£700 for just an oil change is outrageous, even for an OPC.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:32 PM, ½cwt said:

A bit of shameless promotion here.  On 24 April there is a Boxster 25th Anniversary BoXa.net meet at the British Motor Museum Gaydon, please link to the topic below for more information and to note your interest:

For those that have said 'yes' or may have missed it altogether, here are the details for next Sunday's BoXa.net event at Gaydon:

Edited by ½cwt