What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

Went to my local car hifi chap to upgrade the speakers in my SSP sound system.

Aborted tho before he got going as once he disassembled the doors and removed the PCM 4.0, It transpired the factory mids had a resistance of 10 ohm and changing speakers to 3ohm would have sounded cr*p  :( 

Upgrade options are limited to major works (~£3k) and I can't in good faith think that it is worth it 

Edited by moonshine

Fitted a FitcamX dash cam (4k, 64GB, £170) (front only) 

For the 718 /981, you need model C.  It does not power from the rear view mirror - it comes with a power cable with 3 strands, one is fused and plugs into a free fuse space on the Hot lines of the fuse box (lines B and C) and one is fused and plugs into a free fuse space on the ACC switched fuse line (line D) the final cable goes to chassis ground stud beside the fuse box.

delivery took a couple of weeks. DIY Installation in <40min,

looks OEM, Replacing the mirror swivel cover.

9B03D343-C21E-4B3F-8DAC-F01988838A64.jpeg

7EFCAEEF-BC68-405D-A32D-BE73EF427636.jpeg

083F0F1B-9F38-4CAF-A839-AA78E700E367.jpeg

FF6F0445-CCFC-47C7-A3DA-B3F2DC2F034D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 8:22 AM, moonshine said:

Fitted a FitcamX dash cam (4k, 64GB, £170) (front only) 

For the 718 /981, you need model C.  It does not power from the rear view mirror - it comes with a power cable with 3 strands, one is fused and plugs into a free fuse space on the Hot lines of the fuse box (lines B and C) and one is fused and plugs into a free fuse space on the ACC switched fuse line (line D) the final cable goes to chassis ground stud beside the fuse box.

delivery took a couple of weeks. DIY Installation in <40min,

looks OEM, Replacing the mirror swivel cover.

9B03D343-C21E-4B3F-8DAC-F01988838A64.jpeg

7EFCAEEF-BC68-405D-A32D-BE73EF427636.jpeg

083F0F1B-9F38-4CAF-A839-AA78E700E367.jpeg

FF6F0445-CCFC-47C7-A3DA-B3F2DC2F034D.jpeg

Looks like a neat installation/design

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Verified my Ctek can charge it from the cigarette lighter socket (car has the smoker's package).

Manual mentions the charging procedure off the battery itself but I saw the latest Porsche battery conditioner is supplied with the cigarette lighter cable

https://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag/tequipment/TeqFinder.nsf/TeqFinder?ReadForm&ma=PCGB (RL)&co=30&sp=1&ba=718&bt=982&mo=718 Boxster&ka=&kiosk=&ac=product&pr=FD93B41BA087555CC1257D12003DE273

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Verified my Ctek can charge it from the cigarette lighter socket (car has the smoker's package).

Manual mentions the charging procedure off the battery itself but I saw the latest Porsche battery conditioner is supplied with the cigarette lighter cable

https://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag/tequipment/TeqFinder.nsf/TeqFinder?ReadForm&ma=PCGB (RL)&co=30&sp=1&ba=718&bt=982&mo=718 Boxster&ka=&kiosk=&ac=product&pr=FD93B41BA087555CC1257D12003DE273

From what I've read elsewhere, I think you have to charge via the 12v socket in the passenger footwell, due to (Smoker's Pkg) cigarette lighter socket being inactive shortly after the car is locked.  But I've not tested this out myself yet.

3 minutes ago, Tilum said:

From what I've read elsewhere, I think you have to charge via the 12v socket in the passenger footwell, due to (Smoker's Pkg) cigarette lighter socket being inactive shortly after the car is locked.  But I've not tested this out myself yet.

Nope. I maintained mine via the cig. socket.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Nope. I maintained mine via the cig. socket.

Good to know, thanks.  I've got 3 Ctek chargers, but never once used the cigarette lighter adaptor, as I've always hard-wired straight to the battery using the standard eyelet connectors that come with the charger.

14 hours ago, Graham W said:

Muv5sb2.jpgWashed and polished ready for our trip down through Spain, Portugal and France around 3,000 miles in total over 3 weeks.

Can't wait!

Very nice. Enjoy your trip.